u-he Colour Copy - public beta!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Review and comparison with Echoboy, Echobode, Diffuse and Dubstation (ON RUSSIAN):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjLjaiXRW2U
Made in Ukraine: https://www.andivax.com

You could use a limiter setup on the REGEN knob.
The ! doesn't account for some circumstances. Some fool could press it,
and in the ensuing silence, walk off for a refill of the coffee,
and the demo noise or even a high-gain ampsims
noisefloor, would have had it's fed-back way.
Sure, an effective master limiter in the daw-default is best,
but second-best might help someone,
or prove a valuable tool in itself. A heavy regen, but without
runaway feedback. I realize I may be missing something obvious,
among all the party noise :wink:
Cheers

Whoo thanks guys....

@andivax why on Earth did you not register it with the beta key?

Very smooth sounding delay and makes a big difference compared to the typical digital delays.
Good work guys!

andivax wrote:Review and comparison with Echoboy, Echobode, Diffuse and Dubstation (ON RUSSIAN):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjLjaiXRW2U
:tu:
Andrey, my Russian is a bit limited... what is your summary (in English :hihi: )?

It's a bit strange to run a u-he plugin using linvst in Linux Bitwig, since for a bit more than two years now u-he for me equates native Linux plugins. So let's give it a try...
Well... it crashes linvst big time. My policy when that happens is to wait until a Linux version is available. So I'll do that. Echobode, Echomelt, and Melda Spectral Delay are working fine anyways.

UI and description looks interesting though.

Cheers.

Great stuff! ;-)

One question though: Would it be possible to have a sidechain input for the ducking? Would be nice to be able to duck with something else than the main input... :-)

I also find the modulation waveforms a bit limited, so I do the modulation with Bitwigs modulators instead (CC needs a random and a smooth random LFO IMO).
Does it make a difference if one uses the VST3 version in that case or VST2? Does one of the two support modulation at audio rate from the host?
Still looking for a reason to install the VST3 at all...

Good to see u-he do effects again - IMO there is a lot of potential there for u-he quality and -depth after all those synths.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Does it make a difference if one uses the VST3 version in that case or VST2? Does one of the two support modulation at audio rate from the host?
VST3 supports sample accurate automation (technically VST2 could as well, but... you know), but it depends if the plugin has it implemented or not. u-he plugins all do their processing in chunks of 16 samples, so that's the fastest modulation you're gonna get (if the host supports automation at those rates, of course).

killer Delay. I played around with it a bit. unfortunately only mono. but even in mono it´s amazing. will buy for sure....
https://www.facebook.com/15822366452371 ... 545409429/

EvilDragon wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:Does it make a difference if one uses the VST3 version in that case or VST2? Does one of the two support modulation at audio rate from the host?
VST3 supports sample accurate automation (technically VST2 could as well, but... you know), but it depends if the plugin has it implemented or not. u-he plugins all do their processing in chunks of 16 samples, so that's the fastest modulation you're gonna get (if the host supports automation at those rates, of course).
Yeah, that's why I'm asking. All Bitwig modulators work at audio rate with the internal devices but I would be interested if it makes a difference in the case of u-he gear if I use VST2 or 3 (and if it's possible to modulate at audio rate at all) or set the latency to zero.
At one point in the past there were problems with u-he plugins and the audio rate modulation, so I'm not sure where we are in that respect at the moment.

Thanks and cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

mevla wrote:It's a bit strange to run a u-he plugin using linvst in Linux Bitwig, since for a bit more than two years now u-he for me equates native Linux plugins. So let's give it a try...
Well... it crashes linvst big time. My policy when that happens is to wait until a Linux version is available. So I'll do that. Echobode, Echomelt, and Melda Spectral Delay are working fine anyways.

UI and description looks interesting though.

Cheers.
Looks like we'll post the Linux beta tomorrow...

ThomasHelzle wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Yeah, that's why I'm asking. All Bitwig modulators work at audio rate with the internal devices but I would be interested if it makes a difference in the case of u-he gear if I use VST2 or 3 (and if it's possible to modulate at audio rate at all) or set the latency to zero.
At one point in the past there were problems with u-he plugins and the audio rate modulation, so I'm not sure where we are in that respect at the moment.

Thanks and cheers,

Tom
With VST2 you won't get audio rate modulation in most cases, you'll be able to go as fast as one ASIO/CoreAudio/whatever buffer size at most. (So example, with 128 samples buffer size at 48k that's about 375 Hz if my late night math is still working. Go any higher and your modulation will alias.)

Dunno if u-he implemented sample accurate automation in their VST3s - that's something one of u-he peeps can reply to.

i'm quite enamored with the sound ...
any chance of offering a longer delay buffer ; something that would allow
a sync to bar feature ( 4 , 8 , 16 ... ) ...

Waiting Im/patiently for the Linux version :)

The two Delay Taps are definitely interesting to modulate at high rates in BWS - from scratch-effects with a random modulator or LFO to rather interesting effects when modulating with raw audio.
Richard Device should like this ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

Return to “u-he”