Live set Techno, drum machine and samples (all original material and improvisations)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Juxtpose
KVRer
19 posts since 8 Aug, 2013 from Australia

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Hey guys,
as the title suggests, live set with drum machine (rytm) and samples, this time via ableton with an apc40 though probably last time I use that as its dying, shame those controllers don't last longer as they are pretty good. I use small samples (2-4 bars though in some textural things longer, depending on the best looping point) of tracks I've made or sketches and I try to be fairly improvisatory - though the final track when its made also dictates the idea of structure. I love doing the live set like this as its fairly involving and coming from a band background makes me feel a similar energy largely due to the fact mistakes are made but that's what playing live to me is about. Hope you dig!
Oh and track is downloadable, high quality mp3 about 150mb, 1 hr in length

https://soundcloud.com/jxtps/jxtps-live ... e-feb-2018

Eauson
KVRian
836 posts since 9 Jan, 2013 from morf

Re: Live set Techno, drum machine and samples (all original material and improvisations)

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:03 am

This is really 8) , :love: the way its put together, man + machine :)

@ 40 minutes when it really kick's is cool, far different to a lot of artists attitude, most have a pre selection going on and twiddle knobs even though they're just playing back an already made @ home mix.
I like it, thanks for sharing :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Juxtpose
KVRer

Re: Live set Techno, drum machine and samples (all original material and improvisations)

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:43 am

thanks man! Yeah the beauty - and the ugliness of it too I suppose when you just go at it, still more prep I do I think I do better

rob_lee
KVRAF
7209 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:44 am

I can listen to this stuff all day/night..

Well done! More please :tu:

Juxtpose
KVRer

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:03 pm

cheers Rob!

Return to “Music Cafe”