TBProAudio releases dpMeter3 - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin including Loudness Matching

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF
2777 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:52 pm

Skorpius wrote: Unfortunately, since Microsoft "re-invented" the flat and ugly 2D look of late 80s software for Windows 8, more and more developers have followed this trend, obviously believing that such a trend should be followed, no matter how big the loss of esthetics. The current versions of software applications that have been around for years (like CCleaner, for example) all look worse than a few years ago, now that they have followed the Windows 8 esthetics trend. That's my humble opinion, anyway.
I think of it more like this...

... practical and adaptable given the higher number of devices and screen resolutions currently in use.

Endolith
KVRer
12 posts since 14 May, 2009

Re: TBProAudio releases dpMeter3 - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin including Loudness Matching

Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:19 pm

I saw it could be resized, and then I was :) , but then I actually tried to resize it, and realized it can only get bigger, not smaller, and then I was :( .

Really I only need the momentary RMS, A-weighted or C-weighted. It would be nice if I could make the rest go away, or just make the box smaller in general.

Also the fonts are all blurry, and their blurriness changes as the window is resized, with some words becoming blurry ("WEIGHT", "WINDOW") while others ("FILTER", "RMS") become in focus:
blurry text.png
It's not ugly, though. Putting fake physical knobs on an LCD screen is ugly.

(Reaper, Windows 7, 1280x1024)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TB-ProAudio
KVRist
445 posts since 16 May, 2014 from Germany

Re: TBProAudio releases dpMeter3 - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin including Loudness Matching

Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Endolith wrote:Also the fonts are all blurry, and their blurriness changes as the window is resized, with some words becoming blurry ("WEIGHT", "WINDOW") while others ("FILTER", "RMS") become in focus:
Thank you, I will have look at it :tu:

TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:42 am

Update to V1.2.1:
- Text blurring fixed
- Resize range change to 50% up top 400%
- Reset GUI scale with mouse click

Endolith
KVRer
12 posts since 14 May, 2009

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:13 am

Thanks!!

heavymetalmixer
KVRist
259 posts since 8 Jan, 2017

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:29 am

Things just keep getting better and better, thanks for the meter :D

Halonmusic
KVRAF
1663 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:54 am

Thanks!

TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:31 pm

Update to V1.2.3:
- Reset: always update GUI

TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:21 am

Update 1.2.4:
- GUI: flickering during resize reduced
- GUI: small fixes

Everglide
KVRist
396 posts since 6 Mar, 2013

Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:14 am

thank you for this and ISOL8

TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:31 pm

Update 1.2.5:
- GUI: mouse control logic adjusted, please refer to the manual
- GUI: VST2 resize optimization
- Reset: extra parameter, automatable, activated by 0 -> 1
- PLR/Crest: reverted label PiLR to Crest (Peak - RMS Integrated)

Halonmusic
KVRAF

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:24 am

Skorpius wrote:How much uglier can GUIs get? I would say dpMeter3 marks the climax in the disimprovement of GUI esthetics...
Thats un called for. I really like the gui. Nice colors and well laid out. Thank you TBPro Audio :tu:

TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:14 am

Thanks

Halonmusic
KVRAF

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:34 am

:)

Return to “Effects”