ADSR Sample Manager - "Find the perfect sound in an instant!"

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ADSR Sample Manager

ok. these things happen. no need for the hyperbole. we'll get it fixed.

thanks for the report.

marvotron wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:31 pm Latest version has a volume control, expand the sample view by dragging the divider upwards and you can see it.

There are no multiple selection of libraries right now. I'll make a note.

Rex file support. Its already on our list.

Sample Drag Mode selection is available via the 3 dots above the drag icon in the sample view.

The sample name is changed when we process the sample before dragging, stretch, pitch, crop etc. This is so you can distinguish the original file from edited versions and prevent overwriting the original. We *could* add an option to use the original file name and this has been considered but we always implement features with the principle of not changing your existing data, either on purpose or inadvertently.

click on sample plays sample but click again doesn't stop : You mean on the waveform itself or the play button?

A non-installer may be possible at some point in the future. We have discussed a portable version, but no concrete plans yet.

thanks for the feedback.
I want to like this tool, but for me the look, more precisely the used color combination is preventing this. It's hard to look at tbh. Have you considered alternative colors as an option?

marvotron wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:08 am ok. these things happen. no need for the hyperbole. we'll get it fixed.

thanks for the report.
sorry i was in the middle of something and had to retrack all my samples because it caught me off guard :)
tried reverting back to 1.20, but it crashes here for some reason.

no problem.

yeah, its very unlikely that old versions are compatible with the data files of newer versions.

We try to make sure that upgrading works across any version gap but going the other way is not part of our plans. Sorry about that.

I guess i could wipe the data files and try from scratch...
Oh well, i hope the new version that doesn't copy files when you do nothing comes soon :)
Great tool otherwise. No fuss no bullshit manager which is perfect if you don't need all the clutter of the more loaded ones

I seem to be having a possible bug? Has anyone else experienced this with 1.5.1?
When adding a new sample sub-folder to an existing scanned folder, the files are added to the database but the parent-folder in the ADSR Sample Manager is grayed out.
The samples remain searchable but it cannot actually locate the folder. Right clicking the affected searched samples and choosing "Show in folder" will crash the Sample Manager.
To reproduce:
  • Initially scan a folder and its sub-folders e.g.
    E:\Samples\Cool FX Series\
    + \Cool FX Vol.1
    + \Cool FX Vol.2
  • Close ADSR so it writes and saves its database.
  • Add a new sub-folder e.g.
    E:\Samples\Cool FX Series\Cool FX Vol.3
  • Open ADSR and re-scan the changes.
  • The samples will remain searchable, but the parent-folder "Cool FX Series" will be grayed out in the tree list and cannot be selected for browsing.
-
The only solution I've found to this is opening the adsr.db3 database (e.g. DB Browser for SQLite) and deleting the folder entries that reference the "\Cool FX Series\" folder.
After saving the changes, on next open ADSR will prompt to rescan the entire folder from root and the parent/child references seem to get fixed and all is well. You folder will now appear at the bottom of the list in the tree view.
But if you add another sub-folder, it will gray out again and you'll need to manually edit the database again :\

I have experienced the same bug. Lost a lot of favourite-tags because of it :(

Thanks for the report, i'm working on that system right now so i'll get it tested and fixed.

Oh cool, that's great news :)
Thank you for your efforts!

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Yeah, tagging as duplicate is a good idea instead of being a separate thing. i'll suggest it.
Duplicates are detected by the checking the audio data, only files with exactly matching audio data are regarded as duplicates.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Hay Guys,

Love this product, but as of the latest release I am having a problem with it perpetually searching one of my directories. I deleted and re added, as I figured something about how the database works might have changed. It scanned as you would expect, adds the directory, but then the blue wheel keeps spinning just to the right of the directory name. It wont let me log in as it says its scanning the directory. I let it run over night but "no dice" it never stopped scanning. Im on OSX Mojave, and have done the usual things like repairing disk permission's and such. Any ideas on what could be causing this? last couple versions always worked fine for me.

Thanks

1.5.1 seems not to want to deal with my NI Sounds, sounds :).
Either on mac or pc.. They are all greyed out and my Maschine User Folder says paused at 99% in the days I have tried it.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Is there anyway to delete the original sample if you don’t like it no matter where it’s located? Want something that can do this

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”