ADSR Sample Manager - "Find the perfect sound in an instant!"

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
marvotron
KVRian
532 posts since 7 Jul, 2004 from Skopje

Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:08 pm

ok. these things happen. no need for the hyperbole. we'll get it fixed.

thanks for the report.

midi_transmission
KVRist
416 posts since 13 Feb, 2013

Re: ADSR Sample Manager - "Find the perfect sound in an instant!"

Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:13 pm

marvotron wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:31 am
Latest version has a volume control, expand the sample view by dragging the divider upwards and you can see it.

There are no multiple selection of libraries right now. I'll make a note.

Rex file support. Its already on our list.

Sample Drag Mode selection is available via the 3 dots above the drag icon in the sample view.

The sample name is changed when we process the sample before dragging, stretch, pitch, crop etc. This is so you can distinguish the original file from edited versions and prevent overwriting the original. We *could* add an option to use the original file name and this has been considered but we always implement features with the principle of not changing your existing data, either on purpose or inadvertently.

click on sample plays sample but click again doesn't stop : You mean on the waveform itself or the play button?

A non-installer may be possible at some point in the future. We have discussed a portable version, but no concrete plans yet.

thanks for the feedback.
I want to like this tool, but for me the look, more precisely the used color combination is preventing this. It's hard to look at tbh. Have you considered alternative colors as an option?

Ploki
KVRAF
1772 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:26 pm

marvotron wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:08 pm
ok. these things happen. no need for the hyperbole. we'll get it fixed.

thanks for the report.
sorry i was in the middle of something and had to retrack all my samples because it caught me off guard :)
tried reverting back to 1.20, but it crashes here for some reason.

marvotron
KVRian

Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:06 pm

no problem.

yeah, its very unlikely that old versions are compatible with the data files of newer versions.

We try to make sure that upgrading works across any version gap but going the other way is not part of our plans. Sorry about that.

Ploki
KVRAF
1772 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:39 pm

I guess i could wipe the data files and try from scratch...
Oh well, i hope the new version that doesn't copy files when you do nothing comes soon :)
Great tool otherwise. No fuss no bullshit manager which is perfect if you don't need all the clutter of the more loaded ones

TR4
KVRer
12 posts since 14 Jun, 2019

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:49 am

I seem to be having a possible bug? Has anyone else experienced this with 1.5.1?
When adding a new sample sub-folder to an existing scanned folder, the files are added to the database but the parent-folder in the ADSR Sample Manager is grayed out.
The samples remain searchable but it cannot actually locate the folder. Right clicking the affected searched samples and choosing "Show in folder" will crash the Sample Manager.
To reproduce:
  • Initially scan a folder and its sub-folders e.g.
    E:\Samples\Cool FX Series\
    + \Cool FX Vol.1
    + \Cool FX Vol.2
  • Close ADSR so it writes and saves its database.
  • Add a new sub-folder e.g.
    E:\Samples\Cool FX Series\Cool FX Vol.3
  • Open ADSR and re-scan the changes.
  • The samples will remain searchable, but the parent-folder "Cool FX Series" will be grayed out in the tree list and cannot be selected for browsing.
-
The only solution I've found to this is opening the adsr.db3 database (e.g. DB Browser for SQLite) and deleting the folder entries that reference the "\Cool FX Series\" folder.
After saving the changes, on next open ADSR will prompt to rescan the entire folder from root and the parent/child references seem to get fixed and all is well. You folder will now appear at the bottom of the list in the tree view.
But if you add another sub-folder, it will gray out again and you'll need to manually edit the database again :\

J. Smith
KVRist
60 posts since 2 Jul, 2014 from Finland

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:58 am

I have experienced the same bug. Lost a lot of favourite-tags because of it :(

marvotron
KVRian

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 am

Thanks for the report, i'm working on that system right now so i'll get it tested and fixed.

TR4
KVRer
12 posts since 14 Jun, 2019

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:37 am

Oh cool, that's great news :)
Thank you for your efforts!

resistent
KVRian
521 posts since 14 Apr, 2008 from Berlin

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:10 am

Ploki wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:22 pm
marvotron wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:31 am
Latest version has a volume control, expand the sample view by dragging the divider upwards and you can see it.
i only see sample gain, on 1.5.1. :help:
Yep. A bit useless for me. An overall volume control is really a must. Please implement this.
marvotron wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:52 am
Pathname should show as the tooltip of the sample name in the bottom view. Not ideal, I know, but its there.

Duplicate detection and hiding is coming. This will be the first pass at a system dealing with duplicate files so we'll have quite a bit of room to improve any workflow surrounding it
The pathname still not show up. It's nice that it find duplicates now but what I would really appreciate is the tagging of samples as duplicate. Sometime duplicates are not really duplicates (at least on my side). Thanks

marvotron
KVRian

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:14 pm

Yeah, tagging as duplicate is a good idea instead of being a separate thing. i'll suggest it.
Duplicates are detected by the checking the audio data, only files with exactly matching audio data are regarded as duplicates.

resistent
KVRian
521 posts since 14 Apr, 2008 from Berlin

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:07 am

marvotron wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:14 pm
Yeah, tagging as duplicate is a good idea instead of being a separate thing. i'll suggest it.
Duplicates are detected by the checking the audio data, only files with exactly matching audio data are regarded as duplicates.
Thanks for the feedback. An overall volume control is also considered or not? And what is with the ability to see the pathname in the tooltip box?

Additional FR: (1) In some of my project folders I have some quite long tracks which I use for sampling. They are quite long and not part of my sound library. So what I would like to see is an option to hide files with a certain length or the option to hide files or exclude folders. (2) Also an option to exclude certain tags (exclude filtering) would be nice. E.G. when something is tagged as duplicated to hide them or to exclude long samples which I may tagged as long. (3) I may oversee the function but how to select a bunch of samples "in an easy way" like ctrl+a? (4) The ability to tag the content of a whole folder. In my audio library I have a folder for IRs would be nice to tag them in a row.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”