My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's my song I made 2 months ago
I actually made this song (more of a shortened excerpt) in MuLab  and I didn't know how to use it so yeah the composition is quite repetitive and boring but I decided to share here because I'm curious. 
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 5
Performance - 5
Mix - 5

Overall - 5

Comments: Well, the lead is way too loud for the background arp. I think I'll just leave it at that.

80s synthpop? :?

thecontrolcentre wrote:80s synthpop? :?
well not specifically but it reminds me of 80s synthpop, particularly Mr. Mister - Broken Wings.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 5
Performance - 5
Mix - 5

Overall - 5

Comments: Well, the lead is way too loud for the background arp. I think I'll just leave it at that.
I'm guessing the 5s are out of 5 so thanks. And yeah, I agree the lead is loud but it's actually a factory MuLab ambient piano sound through the Azurite chorus plugin

Samuel_S wrote:

Music - 5
Instruments - 5
Performance - 5
Mix - 5

Overall - 5

I'm guessing the 5s are out of 5 so thanks. And yeah, I agree the lead is loud but it's actually a factory MuLab ambient piano sound through the Azurite chorus plugin
No, the 5s are on a scale of 1-10.

wagtunes wrote:
Samuel_S wrote:

Music - 5
Instruments - 5
Performance - 5
Mix - 5

Overall - 5

No, the 5s are on a scale of 1-10.
Thanks for the 50%

As it is, as you implied, it goes no where but if you work at it I think it could become much more.

fastlanephil wrote:As it is, as you implied, it goes no where but if you work at it I think it could become much more.
Maybe, although this was like an interlude or whatever but I could try to do something like this again.

Samuel_S wrote:I agree the lead is loud but it's actually a factory MuLab ambient piano sound through the Azurite chorus plugin
Nothing about that fact stops you from turning it down in the mix so it blends better.

My thoughts are that this is a nice intro, and that it might be worth you trying to develop it into a fully-fledged piece :shrug:

Wags is right though, that lead is WAY too loud for the background. Also, is the lead in key/tune?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Samuel_S wrote:I agree the lead is loud but it's actually a factory MuLab ambient piano sound through the Azurite chorus plugin
Nothing about that fact stops you from turning it down in the mix so it blends better.

My thoughts are that this is a nice intro, and that it might be worth you trying to develop it into a fully-fledged piece :shrug:
I don't know what happened to the original project file so I don't know how I can recreate it and turn it into a real thing. I'll find out somehow

ghettosynth wrote:Wags is right though, that lead is WAY too loud for the background. Also, is the lead in key/tune?
I think it's in tune, why do you ask?

Return to “Music Cafe”