My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Samuel_S
KVRist
139 posts since 26 Apr, 2018 from USA

Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Here's my song I made 2 months ago
I actually made this song (more of a shortened excerpt) in MuLab  and I didn't know how to use it so yeah the composition is quite repetitive and boring but I decided to share here because I'm curious. 
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
13935 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:10 pm

My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 5
Performance - 5
Mix - 5

Overall - 5

Comments: Well, the lead is way too loud for the background arp. I think I'll just leave it at that.

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23170 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:14 pm

80s synthpop? :?

Samuel_S
KVRist
139 posts since 26 Apr, 2018 from USA

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:19 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:80s synthpop? :?
well not specifically but it reminds me of 80s synthpop, particularly Mr. Mister - Broken Wings.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

Samuel_S
KVRist
139 posts since 26 Apr, 2018 from USA

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:21 pm

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 5
Performance - 5
Mix - 5

Overall - 5

Comments: Well, the lead is way too loud for the background arp. I think I'll just leave it at that.
I'm guessing the 5s are out of 5 so thanks. And yeah, I agree the lead is loud but it's actually a factory MuLab ambient piano sound through the Azurite chorus plugin
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
13935 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Samuel_S wrote:
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 5
Performance - 5
Mix - 5

Overall - 5

Comments: Well, the lead is way too loud for the background arp. I think I'll just leave it at that.
I'm guessing the 5s are out of 5 so thanks. And yeah, I agree the lead is loud but it's actually a factory MuLab ambient piano sound through the Azurite chorus plugin
No, the 5s are on a scale of 1-10.

Samuel_S
KVRist
139 posts since 26 Apr, 2018 from USA

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:34 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Samuel_S wrote:
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 5
Performance - 5
Mix - 5

Overall - 5

Comments: Well, the lead is way too loud for the background arp. I think I'll just leave it at that.
I'm guessing the 5s are out of 5 so thanks. And yeah, I agree the lead is loud but it's actually a factory MuLab ambient piano sound through the Azurite chorus plugin
No, the 5s are on a scale of 1-10.
Thanks for the 50%
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

fastlanephil
KVRian
632 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:35 pm

As it is, as you implied, it goes no where but if you work at it I think it could become much more.

Samuel_S
KVRist
139 posts since 26 Apr, 2018 from USA

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:52 am

fastlanephil wrote:As it is, as you implied, it goes no where but if you work at it I think it could become much more.
Maybe, although this was like an interlude or whatever but I could try to do something like this again.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10767 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:20 am

Samuel_S wrote:I agree the lead is loud but it's actually a factory MuLab ambient piano sound through the Azurite chorus plugin
Nothing about that fact stops you from turning it down in the mix so it blends better.

My thoughts are that this is a nice intro, and that it might be worth you trying to develop it into a fully-fledged piece :shrug:

ghettosynth
KVRAF
11384 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:39 am

Wags is right though, that lead is WAY too loud for the background. Also, is the lead in key/tune?

Samuel_S
KVRist
139 posts since 26 Apr, 2018 from USA

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Samuel_S wrote:I agree the lead is loud but it's actually a factory MuLab ambient piano sound through the Azurite chorus plugin
Nothing about that fact stops you from turning it down in the mix so it blends better.

My thoughts are that this is a nice intro, and that it might be worth you trying to develop it into a fully-fledged piece :shrug:
I don't know what happened to the original project file so I don't know how I can recreate it and turn it into a real thing. I'll find out somehow
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

Samuel_S
KVRist
139 posts since 26 Apr, 2018 from USA

Re: My song I made called "80 synthpop ambient thing"

Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:08 am

ghettosynth wrote:Wags is right though, that lead is WAY too loud for the background. Also, is the lead in key/tune?
I think it's in tune, why do you ask?
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

Return to “Music Cafe”