Arturia Filter update - can no longer resize M12 and SEM filters

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
shonky
KVRian
731 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:53 am

Installed the new update the other day, M12 and SEM are now huge (top 50% of the plug taking up the entire screen) and I can't seem to scroll on the screen to change the size. Anyone else having the same issue?

Currently using Ableton Live 10, Windows 7.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zvenx
KVRAF
6627 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Re: Arturia Filter update - can no longer resize M12 and SEM filters

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:56 am

I don' have those two, but I have all three of the preamps and one of the filters and it does allow a resize option.

Yours doesn't?
This is a mac screenshot but my PC install behaves the same too.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

shonky
KVRian

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:02 am

I know it allows a resize option but I can't actually access that option on the filter as it displays above. The only one I appear to be able to access it on is the Minifilter.

zvenx
KVRAF
6627 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:07 am

Don't use Live, but in Cubendo and Maschine, sometimes closing the gui and opening the gui of a plugin allows the header to show properly and give me access to functions in the header...
rsp
sound sculptist

shonky
KVRian

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:17 am

zvenx wrote:Don't use Live, but in Cubendo and Maschine, sometimes closing the gui and opening the gui of a plugin allows the header to show properly and give me access to functions in the header...
rsp
Tried that but same problem persists. Don't think I've had this issue with any other VST. Having tried the SEM filter again, seems it's having other issues such as inability to set to high pass or notch filter and the sequencer selecting two steps at a time rather than just the one selected.

Halonmusic
KVRAF
1658 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 am

Have you tried dragging the filter to the right? That might work.

jens
KVRAF
18830 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:14 am

Did you try (if at all possible) to temporarily change your display to a higher resolution?
" It is a measurable fact. Not my opinion. And not even subtle. If you can't hear difference in tail between Valhalla and VSR reverb tail then again change your job dude." kmonkey

shonky
KVRian

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 am

jens wrote:Did you try (if at all possible) to temporarily change your display to a higher resolution?
Tried, but it's already set to the highest

jbuonacc
KVRian
518 posts since 8 May, 2006

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:18 am

having the same problem with CMI-V after the update, haven't checked the filters or preamps yet.

checking now, i notice the same thing (huge GUI, no way to access the top header, black bar at the bottom) with the following:

M-12 filter
Mini filter
SEM filter

all three of the Pre's load up huge on the first instance, but can be resized. they need to be resized every time you load one. i don't remember that being the case before.

Windows 10, Ableton Live 9. i'll try them inside Maschine in a bit.

EDIT: same thing with them inside Maschine. wtf.

shonky
KVRian

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:06 am

jbuonacc wrote:having the same problem with CMI-V after the update, haven't checked the filters or preamps yet.

checking now, i notice the same thing (huge GUI, no way to access the top header, black bar at the bottom) with the following:

M-12 filter
Mini filter
SEM filter

all three of the Pre's load up huge on the first instance, but can be resized. they need to be resized every time you load one. i don't remember that being the case before.

Windows 10, Ableton Live 9. i'll try them inside Maschine in a bit.

EDIT: same thing with them inside Maschine. wtf.
Contacted Jose at Arturia support and he was very helpful regarding the problem.
The following instructions will explain how to delete the plugins prefs:

1) Go to the concerned plugin folder: C:\ProgramData\Arturia\<product name>
(you may need to copy "C:\ProgramData\Arturia" in your Windows file explorer address bar to access this folder)

2) Select the concerned product and open it's "tmp" folder

3) Once you are in the temp folder, you will see numerous files.

Delete all the ones you can find.

It will reset your plug-in's preferences and potentially solve your issue.
(Please note that it won't harm your installation as these files are automatically re-created on start.)

II- Also make sure the plug-in updates were installed on the same location, if you used custom location for your plug-ins, remember that the Arturia Software Center installs the plug-ins in the default location unless you configure manually the custom location on the preferences:
This seemed to fix the problem for me, but I also found the M12 and SEM had installed outside the folder I had designated and so uninstalled all and then re-installed to my custom folder. Works a treat now, let me know if this works for you.

Return to “Effects”