Biotek question - move the x-y pad in the Biotek Ring without using the mouse?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unless I am missing something here, I cannot find a way to move the pointer in the x-y pad without the mouse.

I want to be able to control the x-y pad while playing the synth from a MIDI controller. No mouse!

Other synths I have will let you MIDI learn their x-y controls using MIDI continuous controller (CC).

Biotek appears to expose x and y to automation parameters, but appears to have no MIDI learn built into the VST.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

It doesn't have MIDI learn in the synth at the moment but you can set this up in the DAW.
If you're using W9, this should be fairly straightforward using the "MIDI Learn" button.

dRowAudio wrote:It doesn't have MIDI learn in the synth at the moment but you can set this up in the DAW.
If you're using W9, this should be fairly straightforward using the "MIDI Learn" button.
Thanks. In Waveform 9 the x-y parameters (and others) appear to be accessible via the knobs in the DAW plugin properties panel. So I had already stumbled across the use of DAW MIDI learn with them, and was able to set a couple of knobs on my controller to use the Biotek Ring via x and y.

My issue remains though when I use Biotek in other hosts, where these plugin parameters are only accessible by configuring a control surface to use them. That is when MIDI learn in the synth plugin becomes indispensable.

Edit: I seem to have also stumbled across a pre-existing control mapping for Biotek in Ableton Live. CC22 for x, and CC23 for y. If you have your controller knobs mapped to these, you can control the x-y ring in Biotek in a straightforward way. In addition, various other parameters in the wild page are controlled by CC24-29. :)
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Tracktion”