Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
tapper mike
KVRAF

4717 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:07 am What streaming music service do you use?

At work....when we are allowed to play music in the back everyone uses spotify. I much prefer shoutcast / simple shoutcast for my phone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... t&hl=en_US
pljones
KVRAF

6244 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:02 am Re: What streaming music service do you use?

I don't. For some reason, I find hearing what's going on in the world comes in handy.
jsp1979
KVRAF

2840 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:10 am Re: What streaming music service do you use?

I have a Google Play Music subscription. Love it.
chaosWyrM
KVRAF

1676 posts since 28 Apr, 2010, from NYC

Postby chaosWyrM; Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:30 am Re: What streaming music service do you use?

i use a bunch of them. i have 4 chromecast audios around my house, and i use bluetooth in my car. i use different services for different things:

googleplay music
pandoa
digitally imported
iheart radio
radio.net
amazon music

i use iheart radio to stream just regular radio. its about 2 mins behind the live broadcast...but i dont care.

i use googleplay music to stream "categories"... like ill tell google to play a radio mix of nick cave (or whatever) and ill get nick cave (obv) but also tom waits, leonard cohen, lou reed, grinderman...ect...kind of like pandora but without timing out after 45 mins or whatever it is. also i use googleplay music to stream my own catalogue of stuff i uploaded.

i use digitally imported ALL the time....i really like di.

pandora....eh....i dont use it that much anymore...its a pita. i used to use it a lot though...ive kind of replaced it with googleplay music.

radio.net i use to stream internet stations (as opposed to terrestrial which is what i use iheart radio for)

amazon music...eh...i dont use this that much...but it comes with prime sooo.....

i really love the chromecast audio devices. whole home wifi audio without spending several hundreds on sonos (for each device) or other ridiculously priced set ups. i spent 100 bucks and used various computer speakers id saved along the years. done and done. the whole house AND my yard is covered.

a chromecast audio is 25 bucks...and you use any speakers with an aux input.....done. you can set up groups so you can play music in your living room and kitchen and bedroom....or any combination you want, you can play something different in every room if you want....independently control volume....all from your phone or by voice commands with a google home device. i have a home mini.

its fantastic.
ImageImageImage
Hink
Rad Grandad

27137 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:36 am Re: What streaming music service do you use?

I stream when I am outside, I have been spending a lot of time in my front yard with a Bose acoustic wave in the garage facing out and my kindle connected via bluetooth. I use pandora but I could probably do better. I mostly just listen to a station I made that I just put in Alvin Lee, I get more than just Alvin Lee and it's a good mix for me.
got any good fish stories? Let minnow
Googly Smythe
KVRAF

2142 posts since 11 May, 2011, from Not where I was just now.

Postby Googly Smythe; Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:25 pm Re: What streaming music service do you use?

I'm still buying cds... :o
Bombadil
KVRAF

1775 posts since 31 Aug, 2013, from The Schwarzwald of My Mind

Postby Bombadil; Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:14 pm Re: What streaming music service do you use?

I don't. Amazon Prime gives limited access to Amazon music, but I'm not paying anything further. I generally listen to music on my computer, through a decent interface and decent monitors. If outside, I have a Cowon i9, which sounds better than any Apple gizmo, and holds around 100 albums, perhaps more. Bottom line is, I listen to what I want, when I want.
“Not all who wander are lost.”

J.R.R. Tolkien
BMoore
KVRian

1459 posts since 19 Aug, 2011

Postby BMoore; Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:08 pm Re: What streaming music service do you use?

I had forgotten Digitally Imported. Thanks!
You're as stupid as you look, sound, and our best testing indicates. | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22900 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:11 pm Re: What streaming music service do you use?

Googly Smythe wrote: I'm still buying cds... :o

Me too ... for listening on my hifi in the living room & in the car.
Lotuzia
KVRAF

9676 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:20 pm Re: What streaming music service do you use?

Googly Smythe wrote: I'm still buying cds... :o

You're not alone :hug:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there
lfm
KVRAF

4518 posts since 22 Jan, 2005, from Sweden

Postby lfm; Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:25 pm Re: What streaming music service do you use?

I use Spotify free, just to investigate a new artist I heard - and which album to buy.
Are there enough good songs on there etc.

Then I buy that on CD.
- yeah, I'm one of those....
t3toooo
KVRAF

1890 posts since 24 Dec, 2005

Postby t3toooo; Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:50 pm Re: What streaming music service do you use?

KVR's Music Cafe
CrystalWizard
KVRian

590 posts since 10 Jul, 2008, from Orbiti sw usa

Postby CrystalWizard; Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:59 pm Re: What streaming music service do you use?

Mostly listen to LPs, cassettes, CDs, and 24/96.
Occasionally No Pigeonholes, KVR Cafe, WFMU, WKCR.
Sorry didn’t answer the question: none.
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
http://gardenofsensualdelight.com/DBAR.html apologies for broken links, a contruction team is on the way
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness
jancivil
KVRAF

15103 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:33 pm Re: What streaming music service do you use?

I don't, never did, never will. Absolutely no need.
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF

2762 posts since 7 Jun, 2012, from Warsaw

Postby DJ Warmonger; Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:45 pm Re: What streaming music service do you use?

Nah, as a DJ I'm used only to listening mp3s from my own device so I could play them later.

I also listen to Mixcloud as an online radio, but didn't do that for a long time as well. Most of DJs, inluding some big names, do not mix in key and I can't stand this anymore :help:
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)
Next

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)