What streaming music service do you use?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At work....when we are allowed to play music in the back everyone uses spotify. I much prefer shoutcast / simple shoutcast for my phone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... t&hl=en_US
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I don't. For some reason, I find hearing what's going on in the world comes in handy.

I have a Google Play Music subscription. Love it.

i use a bunch of them. i have 4 chromecast audios around my house, and i use bluetooth in my car. i use different services for different things:

googleplay music
pandoa
digitally imported
iheart radio
radio.net
amazon music

i use iheart radio to stream just regular radio. its about 2 mins behind the live broadcast...but i dont care.

i use googleplay music to stream "categories"... like ill tell google to play a radio mix of nick cave (or whatever) and ill get nick cave (obv) but also tom waits, leonard cohen, lou reed, grinderman...ect...kind of like pandora but without timing out after 45 mins or whatever it is. also i use googleplay music to stream my own catalogue of stuff i uploaded.

i use digitally imported ALL the time....i really like di.

pandora....eh....i dont use it that much anymore...its a pita. i used to use it a lot though...ive kind of replaced it with googleplay music.

radio.net i use to stream internet stations (as opposed to terrestrial which is what i use iheart radio for)

amazon music...eh...i dont use this that much...but it comes with prime sooo.....

i really love the chromecast audio devices. whole home wifi audio without spending several hundreds on sonos (for each device) or other ridiculously priced set ups. i spent 100 bucks and used various computer speakers id saved along the years. done and done. the whole house AND my yard is covered.

a chromecast audio is 25 bucks...and you use any speakers with an aux input.....done. you can set up groups so you can play music in your living room and kitchen and bedroom....or any combination you want, you can play something different in every room if you want....independently control volume....all from your phone or by voice commands with a google home device. i have a home mini.

its fantastic.
ImageImageImage

I stream when I am outside, I have been spending a lot of time in my front yard with a Bose acoustic wave in the garage facing out and my kindle connected via bluetooth. I use pandora but I could probably do better. I mostly just listen to a station I made that I just put in Alvin Lee, I get more than just Alvin Lee and it's a good mix for me.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I'm still buying cds... :o

I don't. Amazon Prime gives limited access to Amazon music, but I'm not paying anything further. I generally listen to music on my computer, through a decent interface and decent monitors. If outside, I have a Cowon i9, which sounds better than any Apple gizmo, and holds around 100 albums, perhaps more. Bottom line is, I listen to what I want, when I want.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I had forgotten Digitally Imported. Thanks!
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Googly Smythe wrote: I'm still buying cds... :o
Me too ... for listening on my hifi in the living room & in the car.

Googly Smythe wrote: I'm still buying cds... :o
You're not alone :hug:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I use Spotify free, just to investigate a new artist I heard - and which album to buy.
Are there enough good songs on there etc.

Then I buy that on CD.
- yeah, I'm one of those....

KVR's Music Cafe
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Mostly listen to LPs, cassettes, CDs, and 24/96.
Occasionally No Pigeonholes, KVR Cafe, WFMU, WKCR.
Sorry didn’t answer the question: none.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

I don't, never did, never will. Absolutely no need.

Nah, as a DJ I'm used only to listening mp3s from my own device so I could play them later.

I also listen to Mixcloud as an online radio, but didn't do that for a long time as well. Most of DJs, inluding some big names, do not mix in key and I can't stand this anymore :help:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”