Made 1 month ago "No Strings Attached 2.0"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No Strings Attached 2.0
Hi guys, I've been having fun here sharing my "music'. I realize that posting here shows that I have an opportunity to learn and grow in the world of creating music digitally.
So for this song, I've been going all out and made something inspired by late 80s R&B/new jack swing.
You can hear the Fantasia patch from the D-50 VST and some other pad also from the D-50. 
Also excuse my terrible electric piano playing and the weird synth lead haha. I made this a month ago and I'm unsure if I should really do something like this again.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 7.5
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 6.5

Overall - 7.125

Comments: Drums are a bit too loud. Pad is muffled a bit. Could use some EQ. Finally, a top line (melody) over the chords would be nice. The piano helps a little but needs more as after a while it just kind of blends in too. Actually not terrible. Believe me, I've heard much worse. This has potential with just a few tweaks and some arrangement massaging.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 7.5
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 6.5

Overall - 7.125

Comments: Drums are a bit too loud. Pad is muffled a bit. Could use some EQ. Finally, a top line (melody) over the chords would be nice. The piano helps a little but needs more as after a while it just kind of blends in too. Actually not terrible. Believe me, I've heard much worse. This has potential with just a few tweaks and some arrangement massaging.
Wow I was thinking the score would be much worse just for the E-Piano but thanks for the advice

Samuel_S wrote:

Music - 7
Instruments - 7.5
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 6.5

Overall - 7.125

Wow I was thinking the score would be much worse just for the E-Piano but thanks for the advice
This track would not be difficult to fix. Just out of curiosity, do you ever write melodies? I'm talking about playing one note at a time to make a song, you know, like "Mary had a little lamb" which would be 7 notes. A lot of people here seem to just do background music without a lead melody. I don't know whether it's because they don't know how to or because the genre they're emulating doesn't use melodies. I don't know. I grew up during a time when you played chords and then over the chords you sang or played a melody.

I guess I'm just old and out of touch with this generation.

wagtunes wrote:
Samuel_S wrote:

Music - 7
Instruments - 7.5
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 6.5

Overall - 7.125

This track would not be difficult to fix. Just out of curiosity, do you ever write melodies? I'm talking about playing one note at a time to make a song, you know, like "Mary had a little lamb" which would be 7 notes. A lot of people here seem to just do background music without a lead melody. I don't know whether it's because they don't know how to or because the genre they're emulating doesn't use melodies. I don't know. I grew up during a time when you played chords and then over the chords you sang or played a melody.

I don't know what kids do these days, I just go my own way. I think for the past 40 years, musical tradition has been changing where people just use synthesizers for everything and what not. Also the only thing I'm good at is holding down chords on my MIDI keyboard for pads and creating drum patterns.

Samuel_S wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Samuel_S wrote:

Music - 7
Instruments - 7.5
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 6.5

Overall - 7.125

I don't know what kids do these days, I just go my own way. I think for the past 40 years, musical tradition has been changing where people just use synthesizers for everything and what not. Also the only thing I'm good at is holding down chords on my MIDI keyboard for pads and creating drum patterns.
Okay, doesn't answer my question. And I'm not a kid either. I was born in 1957 so I'm probably older than you.

Can YOU write a melody line for a song? It's a simple question. Can you? Have you? All it requires is a yes or no.

wagtunes wrote:
Samuel_S wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Samuel_S wrote:

Music - 7
Instruments - 7.5
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 6.5

Overall - 7.125

Okay, doesn't answer my question. And I'm not a kid either. I was born in 1957 so I'm probably older than you.

Can YOU write a melody line for a song? It's a simple question. Can you? Have you? All it requires is a yes or no.
No, not really. But jeez I didn't know you were THAT old. I thought you were in your 40s or something.

People here assume a lot of things. Part of why sometimes I hate this place.

Return to “Music Cafe”