Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
kpv
KVRist

53 posts since 13 Mar, 2018
Hello,

the editor VST2 and VST3 are so sloppy in 2.3.5 that they are unusable when automating the editors parameters. However, now my Audio Damage VST3 plugins are behaving like they shoguld but previously they had "dead buttons" that I couldn't turn with the mouse. Anyway, I imagine that Sub 37 and Subsequent 37 non CV versions are the same, almost the same editor, just without the assignable CV outputs? I've just acquired this instrument so I can't tell if this is just a 2.3.5 problem or not? Works perfect in VST2 in Ableton 10.0.2. : (

When I say sloppy I mean untight and awfully unreliable midi sequencing while making automation of the filters frequency or VCO's waveshape for example. And the automation does not happen on right time, even slow filter sweeps are totally late while those are super snappy in Live 10. When sending fast midi arpeggio to the synth, the notes become almost like they have "random swing" while automating only the filter. I've tried both 7 and 14 bit resolution settings with no luck.

I've already sent tech support email about this, but in the meantime, maybe other Sub/sequent 37 owner can confirm similar problem? :scared: :scared: :scared:
kpv
KVRist

Sending CC automation manually from the automation midi list or the CC device itself is snappy and reliable... its a bummer since there is no way to name CCs. Ill report back with the answer from tech support, sounds like there is something wrong. Ive tried everything I can think off and made sure there are no feedback loops.

No SUB37 users here? :cry:
david.djx
KVRist

33 posts since 11 Jan, 2013

Postby david.djx; Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:04 am Re: MOOG Sub(sequent 37 CV) editor sloppy in Bitwig 2.3.5?

I'm on bitwig 2.3.4. Using bitwig modulation to drive controls in the subsequent37 editor is working ok for me. I have not noticed the type of lag or randomness that you describe.

I'm not sure what you mean by "sending fast midi arpeggio", but I'll assume you mean sending fast midi note data (rather than the internal sub37 arpeggiator). This also maintains its correct timing when used at the same time as modulated parameters in the sub37 editor.

It would seem odd to me that the minimal changes between 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 would introduce problems, but I suppose it is possible. I guess to be sure I should update to 2.3.5 and repeat the test... but I had already decided to wait for 2.4 for my next upgrade. Sorry :)
kpv
KVRist

Sounds like its a 2.3.5 problem than. Why should you install 2.3.5, knowing it will cause issues with the MOOG. :) you are using Subsequent 37, not Sub 37, right?

Thank you for confirming that 2.3.4 works fine. Yes, I meant sending fast midi notes, not the internal arpeggio. Since Bitwig made vst3 changes to 2.3.5 its probably the reason - Ill let support know about your reply and Im sure they will take care of this before 2.4 :)
david.djx
KVRist

33 posts since 11 Jan, 2013

Postby david.djx; Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:23 am Re: MOOG Sub(sequent 37 CV) editor sloppy in Bitwig 2.3.5?

Yes, Subsequent 37.
kpv
KVRist

Thank you for reporting back. I'm sure that the difference between the functionality between the non-CV and CV editor versions is none so this certainly sounds like a 2.3.5 problem. I'm also going to install 2.3.4 back on my laptop after work to see if it changes anything. I'll report back in this thread along with the reply I'll receive from tech support.

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Bitwig