Export as midi file / Waveform

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry, can't find it:
How to export a midi clip or track as midifile?
horst

click export button, then select from the format drop down menu, top left of the render options panel that opens up.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

In Waveform 9, there is a file icon on the header of a clip. Click it and make sure pass through plugins is disabled. Then drag that file icon to another track, the file browser, or your desktop, etc.

Hi both,
I had not expected that 'render' will give me midi format as file format :) .
The drag and drop option sounds good.
But unluckily both methods are leaving me with an empty folder :(

As Roland says, make sure you have "Pass through plugins" disabled.

The reason it's a "render" is that it does actually play through the play graph. This means you can have multiple MIDI clips making up a single output MIDI file or pass them through MIDI chord/arpeggiator plugins etc.

This does seem to confuse a lot of people however so we may add some additional shortcuts/naming to accomplish the same thing. The file drag method was also supposed to achieve this.

dRowAudio wrote:As Roland says, make sure you have "Pass through plugins" disabled.
Yes, it is, but, I am sorry to say, it is not working.
Just to test I enabled and I can create a wav by drag and dropping somewhere. But when it is disabled no midi file will be generated. The same with the 'export' method. :?

That is driving me crazy: With Tracktion 7 all is fine. So it is not my computer failing.

Don't know why, but aha, the midi hardware has to be connected AND the track has to be armed.
Not with Traktion 7.

There does appear to be a problem. In W9, I can Export as various audio formats, but I too can't export as MIDI.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Hmm, I just tried this in the latest version and it seemed to work. What version are you using?

We'll have a new beta up in the next day or two (v9.2.6) so please grab that and have a go. I'll try and post here when it's up.

I've finally got it to work, but what I did was no different to what I was doing yesterday. There is a MIDI file listed on the projects page, but it's in a folder for a different project altogether. I'll get the new version and try that when I can.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

[edit: moved]
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Tracktion”