New song 'Circuit Board/Cyberspace"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Circuit Board/Cyberspace
I made this song with one of MinimogueVA's presets which is "berliner kraftheit" or something like that. I thought it reminded me of Kraftwerk so it makes sense.
I made it short so it wouldn't be as repetitive as my past tracks.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

My Feedback

Music - 4
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 7

Overall - 6.25

Comments: I was feeling adventurous and since nobody commented yet (I know what that feels like) I figured I'd give this a shot. Actually, not too bad. The bass riff's a little dry and lifeless but the pad at least has some ambiance to it. It's still monotonous as hell. I mean it's just the same loop over and over and over until finally at the end something appears to drop out of the arrangement. But a two and half minute piece shouldn't feel like 4 minutes.

Can I make a suggestion? And I'm not trying to be mean. Consider taking an online course on musical composition. Maybe there's a free one somewhere or at least one that's not too expensive. This piece is pretty much how I wrote 40 years ago because I didn't know anything from anything. My mother used to say to me "Steven, it's time to get off the merry-go-round" because that's all it was, a loop over and over and over. Except back then, I had no looping software. So I just sat down at the keyboard and played the same chords over and over and over. And my stuff was slow and boring and horrible. Hell, it was beyond horrible. And when people told me to give up, I was very offended because I thought what I did was great. Today, all that music is in the trash. Nobody will ever hear it, thank God.

You seem to have just a minimum amount of musical knowledge. And that's only going to get you so far. The sounds of this piece were at least okay and the mix was at least average. But musically, it is severely lacking.

Please consider getting at least a basic education on musical composition.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 4
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 7

Overall - 6.25

Comments: I was feeling adventurous and since nobody commented yet (I know what that feels like) I figured I'd give this a shot. Actually, not too bad. The bass riff's a little dry and lifeless but the pad at least has some ambiance to it. It's still monotonous as hell. I mean it's just the same loop over and over and over until finally at the end something appears to drop out of the arrangement. But a two and half minute piece shouldn't feel like 4 minutes.

Can I make a suggestion? And I'm not trying to be mean. Consider taking an online course on musical composition. Maybe there's a free one somewhere or at least one that's not too expensive. This piece is pretty much how I wrote 40 years ago because I didn't know anything from anything. My mother used to say to me "Steven, it's time to get off the merry-go-round" because that's all it was, a loop over and over and over. Except back then, I had no looping software. So I just sat down at the keyboard and played the same chords over and over and over. And my stuff was slow and boring and horrible. Hell, it was beyond horrible. And when people told me to give up, I was very offended because I thought what I did was great. Today, all that music is in the trash. Nobody will ever hear it, thank God.

You seem to have just a minimum amount of musical knowledge. And that's only going to get you so far. The sounds of this piece were at least okay and the mix was at least average. But musically, it is severely lacking.

Please consider getting at least a basic education on musical composition.
Thanks but I prefer to self-learn, or at least self-learn before I get actual education about music. I'll have you know, I found a perfect working Korg Microkey 37 MIDI keyboard for $4 at my Goodwill and I didn't know how to use it. I think I got it sometime in May and I kept practicing on it and learned to make some of the riffs you hear mostly on some of the tracks I've posted on here. All I'm saying is thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather practice improving my music by myself.
Also, about the MIDI keyboard, I don't play it like a piano although no matter how many times I've seen people play notes fast like in an actual song.
Furthermore, I don't take music that seriously that I need online courses and all that, I have better things to worry about. But I still post here just so I get feedback that's all and I do take feedback into close consideration but right now, I'm focused on something else.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

Return to “Music Cafe”