March Along the Cosmic Line

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been tweaking this one, probably a little too much tbh. Bit of a cosmic musing with my latest composition https://soundcloud.com/biodiode/march-a ... osmic-line
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

The 1st synth panned left, could actually feel better more central, as its alone in terms of space, maybe add width slowly? Your heavier strings could possibly do with a bit of thinning to allow the kettle style drum to break through more? In the 2nd section, the drums seem to come into conflict with one another, the clap seems a bit high in frequencies as it has to compete with the other elements used and you could possibly give more time and air to the synth line so that you have that hands in the air moment b4 bringing in the beat?
These are only my thoughts, I often have to distance myself from my music, as I find that I am often over thinking things. So I hope you don't mind the critique :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful. Don't know what I was thinking about that synth sound and found out that I had panned two channels to the left-hand side :dog:

I've added a bit of air to the drums and cut some of the frequencies for them to sit a little better. Pads thinned out as far as I dare to without losing the weight.

Thanks again.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.875

Comments: Sounds like a mix of 80s and today. I like it. Mix a little wide but eh, why not? Works for me. Well done.

This does sound clearer, but I fear you may not like me after this, so @36 s, the hat comes in, I believe it would sound better @51 s cutting out the repeated motif section between 36&51, also the hat is louder than any other section where hats are present?, then @ 101 , no clap, just kick til 1.33 then the rest of the percussion comes in after the high pitch wobble, as it seems to be a perfect transition. The only reason I say this is because its a trancey style track and a lot of the time its the spaces between that hold the drama.
Again, as I say nearly all the time, whenever I comment, this is just an opinion and I am only trying to give idea's as to how I hear things. If you want me to stop, say it :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Thanks for the ratings wagtunes, glad it came across okay.

Thanks for taking another listen Eauson. We are entitled to our opinions, good job really otherwise the music world would be one helluva boring place :) I never considered this to be a trancey style track, not after listening to A State of Trance Podcasts anyway.

biodiode wrote:Thanks for the ratings wagtunes, glad it came across okay.

Thanks for taking another listen Eauson. We are entitled to our opinions, good job really otherwise the music world would be one helluva boring place :) I never considered this to be a trancey style track, not after listening to A State of Trance Podcasts anyway.
I guess its from where your reference for trance starts, I am long in the tooth so have an understanding of the beginnings, which is somewhat different to today's styles.

Return to “Music Cafe”