Quarter Gelo (Epic Choral Music)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
galihsx
KVRer
13 posts since 18 Jan, 2017

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:22 am

Hi This my another music

comment and feedback welcomed (maybe suggest about my mixing quality)

https://soundcloud.com/galihsx/quarter-gelo

Thanks

Bansaw
KVRist
336 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Re: Quarter Gelo (Epic Choral Music)

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:05 am

good -
whats the choir library ?
Win10x64, i7-7700k, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD, 2TB, Reaper x64. Albion One, Avenger, Kontakt 5, Motu Ethno. | My feedback | Youtube channel |
My VPS Avenger Sapphire expansion | Bansaw Crown's Soundcloud | My Freebies

wagtunes
KVRAF
13272 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:15 pm

My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.875

Comments: I'm a sucker for this stuff. Well done.

galihsx
KVRer

Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:53 am

Bansaw wrote:good -
whats the choir library ?
Requiem choir
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.875

Comments: I'm a sucker for this stuff. Well done.
Thanks

ChamMusic
KVRian
887 posts since 12 Jun, 2006 from Birmingham, UK

Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:54 am

Musically:

It definitely works quite well in creating that overall EPIC atmosphere, but it lacks the textural subtlety and sophistication that could really lift it to the next level and make it a professionally viable piece...

In particular there is not enough textural rise and fall in the right places to help the music ebb and flow more dynamically.

Harmonically - again it works, but it possibly needs more variety...basically the same underlying harmonies throughout with no variation...this doesn't help the rise and fall of tension.

Melodically - ditto the above comments although, overall, the melodic content is probably it's strongest element...instantly grabs the listener and pulls you in with catchy short, sharp motifs.

Production-wise:
It works quite well - quite a big sound, but possible needs a tweak or two in these areas:

1) Stereo Spread - not quite right for me...some things too wide maybe? I felt there was a hole in the centre?

2) Depth of Field - all a bit 'middle'....needs more variation...some towards the back of the soundstage and some drier and nearer the front?

Good job, though - it does work!
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music

galihsx
KVRer

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:40 am

ChamMusic wrote:Musically:

It definitely works quite well in creating that overall EPIC atmosphere, but it lacks the textural subtlety and sophistication that could really lift it to the next level and make it a professionally viable piece...

In particular there is not enough textural rise and fall in the right places to help the music ebb and flow more dynamically.

Harmonically - again it works, but it possibly needs more variety...basically the same underlying harmonies throughout with no variation...this doesn't help the rise and fall of tension.

Melodically - ditto the above comments although, overall, the melodic content is probably it's strongest element...instantly grabs the listener and pulls you in with catchy short, sharp motifs.

Production-wise:
It works quite well - quite a big sound, but possible needs a tweak or two in these areas:

1) Stereo Spread - not quite right for me...some things too wide maybe? I felt there was a hole in the centre?

2) Depth of Field - all a bit 'middle'....needs more variation...some towards the back of the soundstage and some drier and nearer the front?

Good job, though - it does work!
Thanks for deep review.. i will learned it

Return to “Music Cafe”