AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Bug Music
KVRist
109 posts since 7 Dec, 2004

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:14 pm

SLiC wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:41 pm
Wow, you can rent a bunch of outdated products that you could buy for next to nothing for only 200 bucks a year.

:ud:
That's why I had to ask. :o

- Jay

mgw38
KVRAF
1908 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Bug Music wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 pm
Hmmm... cloud subscription ??

Are these the same versions ?

https://www.airmusictech.com/cloud

- Jay
It seems they updated their collections with the new instruments that were not included before. Akai VIP is included as well. But I agree, not worth the price they are asking.

machinesworking
KVRAF
1664 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:01 pm

mgw38 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:19 pm
Bug Music wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 pm
Hmmm... cloud subscription ??

Are these the same versions ?

- Jay
It seems they updated their collections with the new instruments that were not included before. Akai VIP is included as well. But I agree, not worth the price they are asking.
Air and InMusic in general really are clueless. The only saving grace is AKAI, and I'm waiting for that boot to drop.

I would pay good money for resizable GUIs on Transfuser and Loom, etc. but this is just plain stupid. They've been giving away the Air Instrument Collection for $79 for years now and the expanded total collection goes on sale for $99-139 all the time at places like pluginboutique. This is about as stupid of a move as I've seen a company do that isn't Crysonic.

sqigls
KVRAF
3850 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:33 pm

*Perpetual License provides a lifetime access to the current products at the time of purchase.
they're totally insane

Loom is included in the middle two bundles, but need to pay $20 per month!!! to get access to Loom 2
They're even more out of touch than i thought.

dandezebra
KVRian
1180 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:00 pm

And those resizable GUI updates from what, three years ago, are almost done...

sqigls
KVRAF
3850 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:35 pm

they're one of these companies that seem to get less done than the companies run by one person.
i don't get it.

starflakeprj
KVRian
1091 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:07 pm

How desperate can they be? I've seen recently they have been releasing preset packs for their own outdated plugins, insread of upgrading them. Loom II was more or less a failure, Transfuser still has a GUI bug, and none of their plugins are resizable, even though they promised this for free way back.

I liked AIR a couple of years back, and their support was actually good. But then things (everything) went sideways, or rather backwards.
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Studio One 4.5 | Reason 10.4 | Bitwig Studio 3.00 | Reaper 5.978 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20.5 | 500+ VSTs | 200+ REs

0degree
KVRist
327 posts since 29 Jan, 2017

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:50 am

Yeah, why fix GUIs when you can introduce the "cloud" :lol:

SLiC
KVRAF
3787 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:10 am

I own all of the AIR instruments (including Loom II) and when porting over to a new DAW PC I haven't even bothered to install them...probably never will- they owe my nothing, I have used them, they were good once, but they dont compare to modern plug's. I haven't missed them once, although if they ever update the GUI I may re-install a couple of them...but I realy cant think whey I would use them over Dune 3, Avenger, the Arturia stuff, UHE stuff etc. Sometimes you just have to let stuff go and not hoard it!
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, Cubase10, Live9, X32 Desk. , DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

0degree
KVRist
327 posts since 29 Jan, 2017

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:11 am

SLiC wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:10 am
I own all of the AIR instruments (including Loom II) and when porting over to a new DAW PC I haven't even bothered to install them...probably never will- they owe my nothing, I have used them, they were good once, but they dont compare to modern plug's. I haven't missed them once, although if they ever update the GUI I may re-install a couple of them...but I realy cant think whey I would use them over Dune 3, Avenger, the Arturia stuff, UHE stuff etc. Sometimes you just have to let stuff go and not hoard it!
True, but it's a pity - these are all very good plugs that need some love & updates

Forgotten
KVRAF
2130 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:29 am

sqigls wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:35 pm
they're one of these companies that seem to get less done than the companies run by one person.
i don't get it.
Similar with Korg. They have some products that are so overdue for an update yet they keep selling them.

starflakeprj
KVRian
1091 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:34 am

The worst thing is that AIR can't just be honest telling us it will never happen. They are real cowards!
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Studio One 4.5 | Reason 10.4 | Bitwig Studio 3.00 | Reaper 5.978 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20.5 | 500+ VSTs | 200+ REs

zzz00m
KVRAF
1950 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:48 am

Windows 10; with instruments from AAS, Ableton, AIR, Ample Sound, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, PreSonus, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, UVI, Vember Audio, Waves, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

mladi
KVRian
544 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 am

Dead company. I'm done with them. No update of GUI, preset packs as "releases" and now that? Time to rethink this business model and to hire some dsp coders with ninja skills or they'll be history.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K|ADAM Audio Artist 5|Focusrite Scarlett 18i20|Native Instruments Kontrol S61 MK2|Steinberg Cubase 10 Pro

dandezebra
KVRian
1180 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Any thoughts Sbangs?

Return to “AIR Music Technology”