AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Bug Music
KVRist
109 posts since 7 Dec, 2004

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:50 pm

It's a shame, because I really do love the plugins, they just need a little love to be brought up to fully "modern" standards.

I'm getting the sinking feeling though that in order to get those long promised updates, we may have to either eventually switch to the subscription model, or upgrade to a totally new paid package which includes the last two years products.
This is just total conjecture on my part though, and hopefully I'm wrong.

You never know what is going on at a corporate level though, I work for a huge corporation myself, and I see a lot of things that make no sense to me as an employee.

AIR is just a portion of inBrands, so you can never tell where the decisions on marketing, staffing, resources etc. come from, it's very possible that providing updates right now is just totally out of AIR's control.
It may be as frustrating for them as it is for us. (again conjecture)

Somebody "up there" obviously thought "the cloud thing" was a "logical next step", since "everybody else" in the industry seems to be doing it. (lots of "air quotes" in that last sentence) :)

Still keeping my fingers crossed though.
Did I mention I really do love their plugins ? :)

- Jay
Last edited by Bug Music on Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sqigls
KVRAF
3855 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Re: AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:36 pm

On this page it clearly states...
For a limited time purchase theRiser and receive complimentary copy of Flux Transitions Expansion a $10 value
https://www.airmusictech.com/product/the-riser

I bought the Riser, and emailed them about the expansion.
A few polite emails went back and forth, then they flat-out refused the free expansion.

pffft
tight-ass priks

dandezebra
KVRian
1186 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:04 am

sqigls wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:36 pm
On this page it clearly states...
For a limited time purchase theRiser and receive complimentary copy of Flux Transitions Expansion a $10 value
https://www.airmusictech.com/product/the-riser

Wow.
Screenshot_20190816-090315.png

I bought the Riser, and emailed them about the expansion.
A few polite emails went back and forth, then they flat-out refused the free expansion.

pffft
tight-ass priks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krabbencutter
KVRist
431 posts since 12 Jul, 2013

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:18 pm

sqigls wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:33 pm
*Perpetual License provides a lifetime access to the current products at the time of purchase.
they're totally insane

https://www.airmusictech.com/cloud

Loom is included in the middle two bundles, but need to pay $20 per month!!! to get access to Loom 2
They're even more out of touch than i thought.
No.f*ckin.way.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

robotmonkey
KVRAF
2177 posts since 20 Jun, 2012

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:00 am

Haven't bothered to check this forum since I last commented on this thread about couple of months back. Now come here and see that they have introduced a cloud subscription. You gotta be freakin' kidding me.

I understand that they want to get stable revenue but from customers point of view what value exactly does their subscription offer? They haven't done anything in years except a ho-hum upgrade to Loom and another old ProTools plugin port, a drum machine with only stereo out.

If they could not do a free GUI update for plugins I would have been ok paying maybe 10-15$ only for that for Creative FX Collection and maybe 9$ for some Air synths.
No signature here!

Clac
KVRist
47 posts since 28 Dec, 2018

Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:20 am

Oh, how am I upset about the behavior of the AIR company. What a "Cloud", oh my God, what are you doing... How is it possible from year to year, with their strange actions, or rather, inaction, to ruthlessly kill such excellent plugins?

I see the salvation of the company only in the fact that they should release free updates for all plug-ins, and these should be impeccably high-quality updates.

Then start open and honest customer support.

And only after correcting all your mistakes, when you regain the trust of customers, you can begin to make some new plugins at an affordable price. And only after all this, maybe you can think about a cloud subscription.
Although, personally, I prefer to buy plugins forever, rather than cloud subscriptions.

This is just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.
I hope common sense will come to the AIR.

dandezebra
KVRian
1186 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:34 am

Come on Air, chime in! I know you know about this thread!

zzz00m
KVRAF
1950 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:46 am

I believe that the company is now being run by AIR-heads, based on their recent history of actions (or lack of). Common sense should rule. But being out of touch (or tone deaf) is not the path to success.

I would love to see them prove me wrong!!!

But to do that they would first have to dig out from the deep hole of lost credibility, and restore goodwill with their existing customer base.

First step: restore communication!
Windows 10; with instruments from AAS, Ableton, AIR, Ample Sound, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, PreSonus, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, UVI, Vember Audio, Waves, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

mimpulsez
KVRist
70 posts since 10 Feb, 2005 from Germany

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:42 am

i do not get any answer from air - it´s a shame.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”