Wative Bijak ( atmospheric )

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Eauson
KVRian
876 posts since 9 Jan, 2013 from morf

Post Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Last edited by Eauson on Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

wagtunes
KVRAF
15258 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Wative Bijak ( atmospheric )

Post Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:19 pm

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 8.375

Comments: Bass a little on the muddy side at least to my ears. Not much though. Maybe a db or so or move the EQ a sliver to the right. Kind of distracts from the rest of the track which sounds rather nice but I keep hearing that slight rumble. Towards the back end of the piece it's not as bad. Not sure why. Otherwise, mix is fine.

Eauson
KVRian

Post Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:26 pm

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 8.375

Comments: Bass a little on the muddy side at least to my ears. Not much though. Maybe a db or so or move the EQ a sliver to the right. Kind of distracts from the rest of the track which sounds rather nice but I keep hearing that slight rumble. Towards the back end of the piece it's not as bad. Not sure why. Otherwise, mix is fine.
Thanks Wags,

I added an inversed effected version of the track and had faded the last section so that could be a cause for the bass, probably should have left it til tomorrow to do the whole thing, let my ears have a rest, just a bit bored so put it up :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson
KVRian

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:19 am

The version which should have been uploaded is now in OP)
Together with the original.

Thanks

smd12
KVRist
167 posts since 25 Jan, 2010

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:51 am

I like this, very nice

seismic1
KVRAF
9168 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:09 pm

I thought this was very nice. I liked the tremelo effect on the bass and the harpsichord-like sounds meandering around. I thought this had some similarities to Led Zep's "No Quarter" intro. Relaxing music.

Good work :)

experimental.crow
KVRAF
5745 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from The Druid Hills

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:54 pm

i liked it ...
global reverb could be dialed back ...
you're losing a lot of detail in the munge ...

Eauson
KVRian

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 am

smd12 wrote:I like this, very nice
Thankyouverymuch :)
seismic1 wrote:I thought this was very nice. I liked the tremelo effect on the bass and the harpsichord-like sounds meandering around. I thought this had some similarities to Led Zep's "No Quarter" intro. Relaxing music.

Good work :)
Thanks, its based on the other tracks I had posted, basically reworking the same sounds to see what I could come up with from a basic idea :)
experimental.crow wrote:i liked it ...
global reverb could be dialed back ...
you're losing a lot of detail in the munge ...
Thanks, I definitely overdosed on reverb, normally I try not to use as its the trickiest effect IMO. Wil attempt to dial back the munge :D

Return to “Music Cafe”