Amplitube 4 automatization?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Harry_HH
KVRAF
2894 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:03 pm

I know, its in the manual.
But try to take a shortcut now. The task is so basic, I hate how IKM has succeeded to make this so complicated.
If I simply want to automatizate the master volume: Live's normal Midi/config doesn't seem to work. How to do it? (Live/Win)

Etienne1973
KVRist
291 posts since 8 Feb, 2013 from Switzerland

Re: Amplitube 4 automatization?

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Amplitude 4 plugin window: On the bottom right corner there are the buttons AUTO and MIDI.

surferman
KVRist
295 posts since 27 Mar, 2008

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:40 pm

In Logic Pro, I have to open amplitude and assign an automation param # to the control knob, slider etc that I want to control. ie, right click on the master volume and choose automation param 1.
Then choose that parameter in logic to automate it. Don't know how that relates to Live.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

pottering
KVRian
628 posts since 14 Dec, 2014

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:40 pm

Click "Auto" in the bottom right, then Global >> Output Level, then click "Add" (to one of the "Params"). Then you can MIDI assign "Param 1" in the device in Live's bottom panel.

I tried adding a 2nd MIDI track and routing the MIDI to the FX (since an Instrument only outputs audio and cuts the MIDI signal path), Amplitube shows it is receiving MIDI in the red "led" in the bottom right, it even assigns the CC with "Learn" in MIDI>>Control Change>>Global, but it doesn't actually move the knobs or change the sound (maybe a bug? or something that is only for the standalone version?). MIDI assigning in the knobs that allow right-clicking (in the pedals, amps themselves) works if you use a 2nd track.

Also maybe MIDI input has to be set "Remote" On, in the MIDI Ports Preferences for your MIDI controller.

zyzygis
KVRist
62 posts since 27 Sep, 2006

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:46 pm

I have never been able to get midi mapping to work. Why IK is unable to code this like every other developer whose plugins I use is beyond me.

Harry_HH
KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Thank you all. I will follow the above instructions, and give a try, report later.

And agree with zyzygis complain, IK is rather pervert in this sense.

Harry_HH
KVRAF

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Promised to give feedback: worked as pottering advised, thank you.

However - my intention was to drop down the master volume to zero by using automation, in that moment when the Amplitube4 turns on (the device turns on and off during the song). The idea was to silence the noise, which the device causes, when it turns on.

Although I automated the AT4 incoming signal in the same way as the master volume output (to zero) , the decive still keeps noise when turning on.

This challenge concerns some plugins, when device on/off is automated.
Its most irritating and hard to get rid off. All kind of noise gates etc. I have tried, very much trouble.

Any 'patent solution' for the above trouble?

Etienne1973
KVRist
291 posts since 8 Feb, 2013 from Switzerland

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:02 pm

It seems AT4 has no global soft bypass button inside the plugin. Mult, make 2 tracks. Another option: Automate a trim/gain plugin right after AT to blend out the quick noise when turning on/off.

Harry_HH
KVRAF

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Etienne1973 wrote:It seems AT4 has no global soft bypass button inside the plugin. Mult, make 2 tracks. Another option: Automate a trim/gain plugin right after AT to blend out the quick noise when turning on/off.
Yes, possible, but rather complicated.
I wonder why some developer has not invented a special plugin suitable just for silensing the turn on/off noice. More futile plugins exist... :?

Return to “Effects”