[HIP HOP] One love

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
LDKitz
KVRist
63 posts since 22 Jul, 2017

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:23 am

Whassup im back with another hip hop beat... Simple shit like always
Rly basic drum groove with a cool bassline and for the intro/chorus I just made a simple melody of 4 notes with a synth effect.
Let me know how it sounds and if u dig it.

https://soundcloud.com/ldkitz/one-love

Peace.

Nubm
KVRist
35 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Re: [HIP HOP] One love

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:48 am

Your mixing is amazing. And although the mix is where the focus lies (and rightfully so) it was a bit monotonic to listen too as-is. But you already said that you kept it simple. There is more than enough room for voice or other solo instruments and effects. I like the subtle sad vibe and the natural timing very much.
Pretty solid work, keep it up!

Zexila
KVRAF
3090 posts since 18 Mar, 2008

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:14 am

It's great, nice urge and flow, but yeah, it get's boring quickly even to rap on it, why not drop few elements here&there, it will still work and give it more energy and changes.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

LDKitz
KVRist

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:44 am

Thanks y'all , appreciate the feedback.
Yeah the beat gets boring pretty quickly.. it's a beat after all.
Zexila if the beat is boring even to rap on it , dropping "few elements here and there" like u said ( wich i dont even know what that mean..) wont make a difference .. maybe it's just not ur type of beat.

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23021 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:50 am

Mix is fine, but its so boring. I couldn't listen all the way through. Does it change? I agree with the advice about cutting bits out of the beat. Dub it up, add some ghost notes and the odd fill ... or don't. :ud:

Zexila
KVRAF

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:03 pm

LDKitz wrote:Thanks y'all , appreciate the feedback.
Yeah the beat gets boring pretty quickly.. it's a beat after all.
Zexila if the beat is boring even to rap on it , dropping "few elements here and there" like u said ( wich i dont even know what that mean..) wont make a difference .. maybe it's just not ur type of beat.
Try for few bars to have only drums playing, it's like chorus all the time, I would understand if you just sampled the thing and that's it, but you don't need to conform to that, give rapper and listener more variation, It's too short to be repeated so much, that's the thing, one needs great loop to get away with it, you just need to back off musical elements a little, but your choice, your beats, I gave you my sincere opinion.
Last edited by Zexila on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

wagtunes
KVRAF
13400 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:05 pm

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.125

Comments: Would make a great intro for some kind of TV show. For that it doesn't have to be long. It would still need some kind of top line added to it. Mix is great. Sounds fit perfectly. Performance is competent if not flashy. I have to ask. What exactly is your intention as far as what to do with something like this? I guess my question is, okay, it's a beat. What do people do with beats as I am not in that end of the business.

Zexila
KVRAF

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:16 pm

wagtunes wrote:What exactly is your intention as far as what to do with something like this? I guess my question is, okay, it's a beat. What do people do with beats as I am not in that end of the business.
He makes instrumentals for rappers to rap on, so they buy instrumental from him and record their rhymes over it and all that fun stuff.

LDKitz
KVRist

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:29 pm

I understand what y'all mean but listen here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paCGedu_xD0
The beat is a 4 bars loop , do y'all find it boring? .. i don't , because there's a rapper on it.
As i said before adding some fills won't make a beat from being boring to enjoyable... the melody is there , the groove is there.
Most hip hop beats listened by itself are boring.. but anyway everybody said the mix is good.. that's why i made the topic and im glad it is good as i expected :wink:

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23021 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:36 pm

Point taken :tu: 8) :hug:

Zexila
KVRAF

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:25 pm

LDKitz wrote:I understand what y'all mean but listen here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paCGedu_xD0
The beat is a 4 bars loop , do y'all find it boring?:
Yes, utterly boring, this is how it's done, it's sample from a song, enough going to have it played for two days, such an good loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg4VZ0Lbupc
As i said before adding some fills won't make a beat from being boring to enjoyable...
It will actually, it will break the monotony and it's done all the time, even on turntables.
the melody is there , the groove is there.
Yes, oldest trick in the book is to give listener something to wait for, to build tension, story, if you have your elements playing all the time, what's there to wait for.
Most hip hop beats listened by itself are boring..
Yes, that's why there's people who make living making interesting and memorable beats opposed to loop few seconds of something and call it a day, which got old more than decade ago.

Tons of beats also have pauses, elements introduction, they come and go, it's all there to make things interesting, even with few bar loops, always said that it's pure art making few bar loop interesting to listener, that's what separates us, taste and knowing where exactly to apply it.

You have here great loop, but you managed to ruin it, I was blown away when it started and than started to annoy me very quickly, my ears got tired of it, there's great thing going on, but I wish to have in doses, I don't want to eat whole cake with my hands, give me slice and give me spoon, I want calm verses so rapper can introduce his story slowly, than get blown away when full thing start blasting later on, than wait patiently for next time whole thing will start blasting.

LDKitz
KVRist

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:05 pm

My dude wtf are u even doing.. talking all that shit cuz my beat havent got no variations or shit like that and then u manage to post a beat that is basically a fking loop with no fills or hook?
You should stop right here , as i said before , if u dont like the beat , say so and then get the fk out of here , instead of trying to school me when u don't even know what u talking about..

Zexila
KVRAF

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:23 pm

LDKitz wrote:My dude wtf are u even doing.. talking all that shit cuz my beat havent got no variations or shit like that and then u manage to post a beat that is basically a fking loop with no fills or hook?
I posted actual loop like yours without breaks and pauses that do actually work, to show you that one needs actual taste to pull it off.
You should stop right here , as i said before , if u dont like the beat , say so and then get the fk out of here , instead of trying to school me when u don't even know what u talking about..
Sensitive much, you asked for opinions and started getting all "you don't understand hip hop" stuff, you made great beat boring and that's it, you have bigger ego than skills, now you are trying to console yourself thinking I have no clue, go on, deep down you know it's true and birdies around me sign the same song, but live in your bubble.

LDKitz
KVRist

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Ok you right .. now keep ur shit out of my topics.

Zexila
KVRAF

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:33 pm

I will, you have enough work polishing your own turds. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”