BWS and VCV Rack: Only 4 Outs but 8 Ins

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It´s a pitty that BWS only sees inputs 1-4 from the VCV Rack Bridge Plug-In (Input 1-2 are the Main Audio Ins, Input 3 and four you can reach via the Side Chain Option). Inputs 5-8 aren´t usable in BWS. So you can send max 2 Stereo Audio Streams through VCV Rack and back Into BWS.

You can, off course, rout all 8 Audio Outs from the VCV Bridge into BWS (mono and Stereo) but you can only rout 4 Inputs into VCV Rack.

I´ve tested the Bridge on some other Machines and DAWs, mostly every other DAW can use all ins and outs from the Bridge.

With all Channels usable, in my honest oppinion, the Combination of VCV and BWS could be THE Audio Workstation to go for.

Just my 2 cents (and i hope i havn´t overlooked something)

(Edit: Corrected Misspellings)

It looks like it's working to me. Added missing chains. No problems...

https://yadi.sk/i/Q-Iugjs03a4a7H

I thought I try out if it would be possible to have two instances of the Bridge in Bitwig, one normally on one track and a second one inside of Plogue Bidule, routing the inputs 1-4 to the Bridge inputs 5-8.
But I found out, that the Bridge on my system doesn't work at all, no matter if I use one or more instances, inside or outside of Bidule, so can't try this for you.
But maybe it gives you an idea to try - I use this kind of setup with surround plugins to reach the higher channels. :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field.
I’ll meet you there."
- Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:I thought I try out if it would be possible to have two instances of the Bridge in Bitwig, one normally on one track and a second one inside of Plogue Bidule, routing the inputs 1-4 to the Bridge inputs 5-8.
But I found out, that the Bridge on my system doesn't work at all, no matter if I use one or more instances, inside or outside of Bidule, so can't try this for you.
But maybe it gives you an idea to try - I use this kind of setup with surround plugins to reach the higher channels. :-)

Cheers,

Tom
This shouldn't be needed. As you can see in my reply image, all ins and outs are there and I have a sine running through every channel. Audio is routed and midi channels can be used to control different instruments with one Bitwig channel. All we have to do is select the proper midi channel in the midi device inside of VCV.

What you are showing is outputs, that is not the issue.
But how to you send more than 4 channels (normal track input + sidechain) INTO the plugin?
(And why did you report my post?)

Cheers,

Tom
I’ll meet you there."
- Rumi

If you take a look at the VST Info shown in the right side Browser Bitwig sees all 8 Mono Ins and Outs but it utilises not all of them. If you use a second Bridge for another 2 Audiostreams from Bitwig into VCV Rack an back you can get short CPU-spikes, not so good in Live situations (ok, VCV Rack is still in Beta, that also could be an issue of the crackles). If you could do it all via one Bridge it would be the better solution, at least CPU wise.

Of course, but I don't think there is a way to do it with one instance ATM.
My idea was just meant as a workaround, but I can't test it myself since the bridge doesn't work here at all.
I'd love Bitwig supporting multichannel audio myself, but don't think this is something to happen soon.

Cheers,

Tom
I’ll meet you there."
- Rumi

Return to “Bitwig”