your "super-synth" ?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
martinjuenke
KVRAF
3168 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:21 am

Cinebient wrote:After revisiting some synths, explore new presets and dive in in new features i came to the decision that if i would want to use one super synth it is for sure Alchemy. If the Logic version just still had .tun file import....
What other tunings than equal are you‘re working with? I‘m pretty interested in this way to sound „different“, but often other tunings struggle with the rest of a mix. :help:

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

Cinebient
KVRAF
4014 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Re: your "super-synth" ?

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:56 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Cinebient wrote:After revisiting some synths, explore new presets and dive in in new features i came to the decision that if i would want to use one super synth it is for sure Alchemy. If the Logic version just still had .tun file import....
What other tunings than equal are you‘re working with? I‘m pretty interested in this way to sound „different“, but often other tunings struggle with the rest of a mix. :help:
Some microtunings goes well with the western scale (at least some notes of it) but if i use microtonal scales/tunings i try to tune all instruments to the same.
F.e. Omnisphere is great here, Chromaphone, the U-he synths and some more.
Alchemy 1.55 had it too (plus waveform import) which sadly is removed with the (otherwise much better) Logic version.
I really like some alternative harmonic tunings f.e. for some kind of horror things played with tuned music boxes, bells like sounds and other things. It can create a really different kind of mood you can´t get with any western scale (at least i can´t :) ).
I just like to experiment with weird soundscapes and also for drone stuff i like it.
A reason i like 2CAudios Kaleidoscope. Best thing for soundscapes and ambiences in any tuning.

vurt
addled muppet weed
41792 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:20 am

martinjuenke wrote:
i used to enjoy working with one in particular that spread a single octave over 88 keys.
impractical for most music but interesting to play around with for soundscape stuff :)

not to mention if using any non western instruments, it can keep them from sounding unnatural. although you do need to understand the scales youre using for that to work fully but i guess it could still be fun to play with if you don't care about authenticity :oops:

martinjuenke
KVRAF
3168 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:37 am

I have Pianoteq Standard as a kind of laboratory or microtuning because it‘s quite transparent on what‘s going on aka „detuned“.

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

anttimaatteri
KVRist
256 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Synthmaster

no doubt.
even with a few really good ones in my garage. synthmaster has the most powerful and versatile sound.
but i admit, if i´d had a hardware synth this would be another game.

Krakatau
KVRAF
5469 posts since 25 May, 2002 from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Post Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:35 am

martinjuenke wrote:I have Pianoteq Standard as a kind of laboratory or microtuning because it‘s quite transparent on what‘s going on aka „detuned“.
+1 ...my main interest though, is not because of microtuning but playability, realism and versatility of modelled instruments

Return to “Instruments”