Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Zexila
KVRAF

2904 posts since 17 Mar, 2008

Postby Zexila; Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:33 pm Re: Buy Omnisphere 2

I think you got some nice orchestral sounds in Nexus already, pretty much anything better than that is some extensively sampled library for Kontakt, question you need to ask yourself is what do you really need.

Did you taught about Native Instruments Komplete?
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... mplete-11/
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

2332 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Postby noiseboyuk; Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:35 pm Re: Buy Omnisphere 2

Trancer wrote:Indeed there is the player version, but often it takes the full version to take advantage of all the possibilities of some Vst.

Thank you again for your answer

The full version of Kontakt has three big advantages - 1, you can load any sample library that isn't an official Player one; 2, you can create your own instruments and 3, you can get under the hood to tweak sample libraries (if the developer allows). The kind of tweaking in (3) though tends to be very fiddly, especially on a modern complex library where it can be almost unfathomable. If the developer is any good they'll have provided all the normal controls you will need in their main interface, which will work just the same in Player. So if your focus is only particular sample libraries that are Player ones, you may as well stick with the free player.

There are synths that run in Kontakt, but I've never really got on with them. Invariably they gather virtual dust on my hard drives. IMO its the wrong host for synth work, but its a fantastic host for sample libraries.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

6073 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:18 pm Re: Buy Omnisphere 2

Trancer wrote:Indeed there is the player version, but often it takes the full version to take advantage of all the possibilities of some Vst.

Thank you again for your answer

You keep saying that kontakt loads vst, but FYI it does not, it loads patches, sampled instruments in kontakt format. Kontakt itself is the vst. Just in case you weren’t clear.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
Trancer
KVRist

35 posts since 6 Aug, 2018

Postby Trancer; Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:09 pm Re: Buy Omnisphere 2

Thank you all for your wise advice and patience, to take the time to explain things in detail. A big thanks.

Zexila

I listen again to the expansions for Nexus 2 and it is true you are right, it indeed covers somehow my current needs for my compos.

Noiseboyuk

It is clear that Kontakt full is a wonderful tool, it is also true, that I am an overconsumer of patches, to do a thorough research of these.

So, the Kontakt player, should be enough for me.
But, as an example and if I'm not mistaken, Vir2 Aeris, as well as Analog Strings from Output, only works with the full version of Kontakt.

So, the Kontak Player, may be limited in certain situations.

Echoes in the Attic

As much for me, you're right, poorly expressed on Kontakt.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments