Note Panning in Sequence Editor

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to be able to pan right/left individual notes in the sequence editor but I've not seen how to do this in the program or in the docs (http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... ditor.html).
So, the question is - how does one accomplish Note Panning?
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

An event isn't audio. You need to turn it into audio before it can have a pan position. If you want each event triggering a synth to have a separate pan position, you have to set the synth audio out pan position, then send the event. There isn't really any other logical way to do it. So you set up your pan control pane at the bottom of the sequence and ensure it's doing what you want as you go through the sequence.

pljones wrote:An event isn't audio. You need to turn it into audio before it can have a pan position. If you want each event triggering a synth to have a separate pan position, you have to set the synth audio out pan position, then send the event. There isn't really any other logical way to do it. So you set up your pan control pane at the bottom of the sequence and ensure it's doing what you want as you go through the sequence.
I see. Thanks for the feedback! I reckon that makes sense thinking about how MuLab works. In Fruity Loops one can set the pan per note event in the sequence editor but these are two different beasts.
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

If the synth targeted has a pan parameter, it's pretty simple - just select that for what you're viewing in the control pane in the sequence editor and then adjust as required.

Return to “MUTOOLS”