Monique ?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
mevla
KVRAF
1728 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:28 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:Interesting, but how does that enable me to import the layered patch configuration into, say, Mulab or Cubase?
There was no DAW mentioned before I think, so I mentioned Bitwig.

You know that these Bitwig Instrument containers have to do only with Bitwig. There's no universal standard about that. You use something else than Bitwig, then use the tools you have and maybe find something. If someone comes by showing a Pro Tools feature and I'm not using Pro Tools, I will see if somethign similar can be done with what I have. If not, ah well.

mevla
KVRAF

Re: Monique ?

Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:32 am

Teksonik wrote:I find this kind of humorous.

Demo Version : Periodic Noise

Pro Version : Everything in the Demo (even the noise ?) :lol:
Yes, your reply is humorous, in a thin way. :D

mevla
KVRAF

Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:35 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:Basically, there should be a standard version between the demo and pro versions, else pro makes no sense 8)
(pro version = standard version + oscillators, filter, envelopes and lfo's :hihi: )
That's funny. Keep it up ! :D

mevla
KVRAF

Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:39 am

Teksonik wrote: Since the OP couldn't be arsed to provide a link....... :hihi:
Yeah, there's something called google. Looks like you found about it ! :D OTOH, if you would not have known about google - it's a small local company, so it might be possible - you could have asked and I would have provided the link, as I already provided several screen shots of the plugin. Sharing is certainly not a problem. :)

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12672 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:40 am

mevla wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Interesting, but how does that enable me to import the layered patch configuration into, say, Mulab or Cubase?
There was no DAW mentioned before I think, so I mentioned Bitwig.

You know that these Bitwig Instrument containers have to do only with Bitwig. There's no universal standard about that. You use something else than Bitwig, then use the tools you have and maybe find something. If someone comes by showing a Pro Tools feature and I'm not using Pro Tools, I will see if somethign similar can be done with what I have. If not, ah well.
That's the point. What you mentioned does not solve my problem in any way because it is all within Bitwig, or within Pro Tools etc., but I can't port those layered configurations from one DAW to another.
Compare that to, say, Sylenth1 patches that I can load no matter which DAW or OS I use.

stanlea
KVRAF
4677 posts since 11 Feb, 2005 from Bordeaux France

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 am

I found some lovely sounds in the presets, but I think Monique can do better. Besides mono/poly debates, what about the sonic possibilities ? (and sorry for being such an arsehole).
You can't always get what you waaaant...

mevla
KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:10 am

stanlea wrote:I found some lovely sounds in the presets, but I think Monique can do better. Besides mono/poly debates, what about the sonic possibilities ? (and sorry for being such an arsehole).
You can refer to the 3rd screen shot I posted here in this thread. It shows the toggling of the wiring diagram. Best is to try it, though. Modulations are a high point. The routing of the oscillators is also flexible. It's also intuitive in its own way, quite well-thought. The same care and attention given to details as found in the other product from Monoplugs, the B-Step sequencer. This said, I'm not that fond of the presets, although I do like the sounds I have made which contributes nicely to some creations.

Cheers.

glokraw
KVRAF
6578 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:44 pm

stanlea wrote:I found some lovely sounds in the presets, but I think Monique can do better. Besides mono/poly debates, what about the sonic possibilities ? (and sorry for being such an arsehole).
How about a blind date with Monique, and Howard Scarr.
I'm sure he can get out of the dungeon for a Saturday night,
if only he is contractually free :? :hyper:

glokraw
KVRAF
6578 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:47 pm

I ran two instances, same sound, one with legato,
one without, one with longer release envelope,
maybe a third with different octave setting etc etc
Some nice possibilites, fits in nice with other
linux synths.
Cheers

AnX
KVRAF
3414 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:34 pm

mevla wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
mevla wrote:
AnX wrote:mono ?

It's 2018. :uhuhuh:
How many Eurorack modules and co. are mono ?
This is a virtual synth, not a eurorack module. :roll:
Can you back up just a little bit ?

It's a synth, and it's mono, like many Euroack modules, which are synths, and mono. For a musician, a creator, you have mono choices between software and hardware. Both are on the market.

There is no reason for software to be mono.

stanlea
KVRAF
4677 posts since 11 Feb, 2005 from Bordeaux France

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:52 am

glokraw wrote:
How about a blind date with Monique, and Howard Scarr.
I'm sure he can get out of the dungeon for a Saturday night,
if only he is contractually free :? :hyper:
Always a funny guy you.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

mevla
KVRAF

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:35 am

AnX wrote:There is no reason for software to be mono.
What's the name of your church again ?

Tj Shredder
KVRAF
1574 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:04 am

Jafo wrote:How many Eurorack modules are software?
Since VCV-Rack was released, a lot, if not almost all... Also a lot of Eurorack modules have a wrapped CPU, which just processes cycles in software. I bet there are discussions about how much better the little expensive boxes sound, compared to the same code on a laptop...

AnX
KVRAF
3414 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:54 am

mevla wrote:
What's the name of your church again ?
Reality

Tj Shredder
KVRAF
1574 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:36 am

If you ever programmed a synth, you would know how much easier it is to do it just in mono...
With an MPE capable controler you can turn any mono synth into an expressive polyphonic monster within your DAW btw, voice handling is done by the controler...

Return to “Instruments”