Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
T-RackS Group Buy! Up to 5 free mixing and mastering processors!

T-RackS Group Buy

Easy-to-reach tiers, up to 5 free processors.

Mixing and mastering processors, including Lurssen Mastering Console.

Read more at www.ikmultimedia.com
cj31387
KVRist

245 posts since 14 Mar, 2008

Postby cj31387; Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:55 am Looking for a versatile multifx vst for guitar. Or physical pedal.

I grew up listening to Korn and Orgy, Orgy used crazy fx mixed with some synth and had a really unique sound. I own Guitar Rig 5 but its lacking in psychedelic effects in my opinion, the chorus effects don't really sound that great, nor the phasers. Its really just best for metal distortion imo. Does anyone know of any vsts that can pull off synth sounding effects on guitar?

In 1998 when I was 12 my best friend in my band had this effect pedal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71qbJff4VI8 I really wish there was a vst similar. Is there anything kind of like that?

Thanks CJ.
acousticglue
KVRist

418 posts since 27 May, 2008

Postby acousticglue; Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:14 am Re: Looking for a versatile multifx vst for guitar. Or physical pedal.

BiasFX and amp and its addons can get a little expensive but consider you may end up with 400 amps, 200+ fx it does quite well. If you buy those two in Pro and add on delay, distortion and modulation pedals you have more than enough FX. Not quite the routing of GR5 but dual amps and sending fx to both or singular amps.
acousticglue
KVRist

Postby acousticglue; Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 am Re: Looking for a versatile multifx vst for guitar. Or physical pedal.

And then just add Melda free
Mister Natural
KVRAF

2229 posts since 28 Oct, 2007, from michigan

Postby Mister Natural; Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:25 am Re: Looking for a versatile multifx vst for guitar. Or physical pedal.

try the demo of Tantra - it's pretty psychedelic
"the digital photo of that guitar just doesn't have the same warmth as an analog photo for me"
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7834 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:47 am Re: Looking for a versatile multifx vst for guitar. Or physical pedal.

cj31387 wrote: I own Guitar Rig 5 but its lacking in psychedelic effects

Did you really try?

This thing kicks most multi effects ass

And get the Traktor 12 addon if you havent already
acousticglue
KVRist

Postby acousticglue; Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:43 am Re: Looking for a versatile multifx vst for guitar. Or physical pedal.

I have traktor for sale
glokraw
KVRAF

6498 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:19 pm Re: Looking for a versatile multifx vst for guitar. Or physical pedal.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
cj31387 wrote: I own Guitar Rig 5 but its lacking in psychedelic effects

Did you really try?

This thing kicks most multi effects ass

And get the Traktor 12 addon if you havent already

Even the free version of GR5 is an effects powerhouse,
and so very easy to use.

BlueCat Axiom demo is worth trying, it's got a lot
of options under the hood, including their own
Late Replies and Destructor, and will host vsts,
even ampsims like GR5.
BlueCat also have a nice free collection of effects,
and their new 'FreeAmps' is a great ampsim freebie.
Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
cj31387
KVRist

245 posts since 14 Mar, 2008

Postby cj31387; Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:02 pm Re: Looking for a versatile multifx vst for guitar. Or physical pedal.

Where do you buy the Traktor 12 addon for guitar rig 5, Don't even see it for sale anywhere. Yah like i said guitar rig 5 is good for metal and stuff but i find it kind of lacking for experimental stuff or i just suck at programming patches. Like the chorus effects barely even change the sound of the guitar imo when at like full wet. I have to do like 3 chorus effects at once to get the wet dreamy sound i want.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects