Petition: FXpansion shall come up with TREMOR 2 quickly

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
martinjuenke
KVRAF
2491 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:13 pm

pekbro wrote:I never did like tremor personally. I'm all for the uhe drum synth though, as for tremor
I already have preferable alternatives.
Which?

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

fisherKing
KVRAF
1724 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Re: Petition: FXpansion shall come up with TREMOR 2 quickly

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:31 pm

martinjuenke wrote:
himalaya wrote:Tremor works great as it is.
There are also expansion packs for it from various sources, myself included. So it has been updated with new content.

Feature wise it's as complete as can be, with the exception of midi drag&drop.
On the one hand that’s right and okay.
On the other hand especially Mac user will have problems sometime in the future when upgrading their OS, which notoriously breaks unsupported plugins... It’s a pity!

cool that you can predict the future. meanwhile, works here (on the current mojave beta)... as do all of my 3rd-party plugins....
Last edited by fisherKing on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
always one plugin short of perfection...

himalaya
KVRAF
4858 posts since 23 Mar, 2006 from pendeLondonmonium

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:40 pm

rod_zero wrote:My problem with SW drum machines is the integration of sequencer, I don't need it.

I would like that any drum machine came with modules to load in your DAW as individual hits for a drum rack.
But then, without the sequencer any well featured synth becomes a 'drum synthesiser'.

A modular achitechture of something like Zebra or Bazille can really help to make superb drum sounds. So a 'dedicated' drum synth is not really needed, unless, it has some unique features like Tremor's 'harmonic oscillator'.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design

fisherKing
KVRAF
1724 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:47 pm

himalaya wrote:
rod_zero wrote:My problem with SW drum machines is the integration of sequencer, I don't need it.

I would like that any drum machine came with modules to load in your DAW as individual hits for a drum rack.
But then, without the sequencer any well featured synth becomes a 'drum synthesiser'.

A modular achitechture of something like Zebra or Bazille can really help to make superb drum sounds. So a 'dedicated' drum synth is not really needed, unless, it has some unique features like Tremor's 'harmonic oscillator'.
true, but one truly great thing about drum plugins: access. some of us like to play bass drums along with snares, high hats, etc. so having a single-place for all of these sounds is a great thing.

i do both; sometimes work on a sound at a time, sometimes play all at once (mostly Nuance, with it's excellent drum kits, or the ultrabeat in logic).

whatever works...
always one plugin short of perfection...

pekbro
KVRAF
2097 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:50 pm

martinjuenke wrote:
pekbro wrote:I never did like tremor personally. I'm all for the uhe drum synth though, as for tremor
I already have preferable alternatives.
Which?
I use StiX from Xils-lab and
Sonic Charge microtonic typically, although mostly I use samplers tbh.

masterhiggins
KVRAF
1880 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from People's Republic of Minnesota

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:03 pm

himalaya wrote:True.
I have to remain on El Capitan since Sierra breaks compatibility with some essential sample editors (which are no longer available nor supported), so you are correct, this is a valid issue in the long run.
Which editors have broken compatibility? I haven’t upgraded yet.

phoenstorm
KVRist
192 posts since 16 May, 2010

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:31 pm

Interesting. Tremor is/was a tantalising product...always liked the concept, never quite got the results I was looking for. On another note, I still like Etch a lot and would have been interested in buying Maul and Bloom at a discount - I think both offered interesting takes on distortion & delay respectively. I guess I couldn't justify the expense for what would have amounted to 'merely' another flavour of fx.

emef
KVRist
478 posts since 5 Jun, 2001

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:08 am

patchhunter wrote:Personally I would like to see the synth engine of tremor rolled into Geist 2, no need to have 2 separate products.
yeah i've also thought this would be great

_leras
KVRist
330 posts since 20 Apr, 2005

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:31 pm

There are also expansion packs for it from various sources, myself included. So it has been updated with new content.

Well feature wise it could have, different sound options per track:
1) a simple sample player
2) alternative drum synth models, preferably a few simpler ones for bd, sd, hats that could be dialled in more quickly, and offer different timbres

:wink:

dangayle
KVRian
795 posts since 30 Mar, 2014

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:33 am

Like Bitwig and Ableton? They have both have drag and drop single drum synths

himalaya
KVRAF
4858 posts since 23 Mar, 2006 from pendeLondonmonium

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:31 pm

_leras wrote:

Well feature wise it could have, different sound options per track:
1) a simple sample player
2) alternative drum synth models, preferably a few simpler ones for bd, sd, hats that could be dialled in more quickly, and offer different timbres

:wink:
Any plugin can always be expanded ad infinitum. However, as far as I understand, sample loading was never part of the 'vision'. Although, I do agree with you that it would make it a more complete instrument. Sample loading was one of my FRs too. The only problem is, if "a simple sample player" is implemented, we would find comments like; "sample loading is too simple", "sample support sucks in Tremor", "What were they thinking, 10 years in development and they give us such a simple sample player".

You can't win. So, the simple sample player would need to have some elaborate options in the end. But...like you, I still want it.:D

Regarding point 2. Yes, it's a great user-oriented design and I am an advocate of this as well. But it deviates from the open-architecture, where you are free to do what you want, which I gather was the vision here.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design

dangayle
KVRian
795 posts since 30 Mar, 2014

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:57 pm

I really really wanted to love Tremor, but ultimately ended up getting rid of it.

- I don't need the sequencer, but it takes up all the GUI space
- The drum synthesis options are deeeep, probably deeper than any dedicated drum synth out there, but the controls and options are so small and tightly packed that it was always really hard to use

If they got rid of the sequencer and used all that screen real estate for a more comfortable working space, man this thing would be the best thing out there.

Return to “Instruments”