Which vst for the orchestral and the choirs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Need your valuable advice and advice sure a Vst can product of the orchestral and choirs.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Fortunately, there aren't as many products in this area as there are synths but you're still going to get 20 or 30 different suggestions and when it's all over you're not going to be any closer to making a decision than you are now.

Here's my suggestion, because most, if not all of this stuff, there is no way to demo it. You buy and take your chances.

Go to Google and look up the following:

Choir VSTs
Orcherstral VSTs

Make a note of all the URLs for the company sites.

Listen to their posted demo tracks.

Pick the one(s) you think sound the best and get it.

Now, the one thing this thread will probably be good for is to generate a list. That way, when you do your search, you can compare the list to your search results and start with the products that are mentioned the most, not that they'll be the best. They may or may not be for you. But it's a start.

Good luck. You'll need it.

What is the price range you are looking for and the type of music you want to create? These libraries cost anywhere from around $50 to many thousands of dollars. And, generally speaking, there is some correlation between price and quality. But depending on the type of music you are making a high end library might be overkill anyway.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Thank you very much for your two answers.

Yes I doubt that it will take me patience.

Yes I do not know this kind of Vst, in fact, it is to have a return of your experiences to have a research base.

My Trance music style.

max budget 600 euros for the whole.

Thank you very much for your opinion

Trancer wrote:My Trance music style.
What kind of Trance? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_trance_genres

Trancer wrote:Thank you very much for your two answers.

Yes I doubt that it will take me patience.

Yes I do not know this kind of Vst, in fact, it is to have a return of your experiences to have a research base.

My Trance music style.

max budget 600 euros for the whole.

Thank you very much for your opinion
$600 isn't going to get you a lot. Certainly not if you're looking to cover both orchestral instruments and choir vocals. Personally, I wouldn't even know where to begin on that little.

The VSL SE Complete, which is on sale right now, is 1100 Euro.

EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold is $400 but doesn't have choir.
EWQL Symphonic Choirs Gold is $300.

They're certainly in your price range but not the top products by any stretch. However, they might be suitable for you. I suggest you find audio demos and see if you like the way they sound.

Depending on whether you want to go deep with orchestration, or just add some vocal/string pads to your trance productions, you might be able to kill two birds with one stone.

Omnisphere 2

For cheaper voices that seem to still cover a lot of ground, sound great, and do't even need full Kontakt to run:

https://soundiron.com/collections/konta ... collection

They will likely have a sale before the end of the year, and I'm informed that MERCURY BOYS' CHOIR ELEMENTS and OLYMPUS CHOIR ELEMENTS were both recorded in the same place, with same mic's etc, and so make a good mix.

I am hoping to pick them both up at the next sale :tu:

wagtunes wrote: $600 isn't going to get you a lot. Certainly not if you're looking to cover both orchestral instruments and choir vocals. Personally, I wouldn't even know where to begin on that little.
$600 gets you a full 2 years of the Composer Cloud subscription. If you are a student it even gets you 3.5 years. That includes everything you could possibly need in a very high quality. In particular the EWQL libraries that wagtunes was mentioning. Worth considering imho.

http://www.soundsonline.com/composercloud
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote:
wagtunes wrote: $600 isn't going to get you a lot. Certainly not if you're looking to cover both orchestral instruments and choir vocals. Personally, I wouldn't even know where to begin on that little.
$600 gets you a full 2 years of the Composer Cloud subscription. If you are a student it even gets you 3.5 years. That includes everything you could possibly need in a very high quality. In particular the EWQL libraries that wagtunes was mentioning. Worth considering imho.

http://www.soundsonline.com/composercloud
If you're into the subscription model (I'm not) sure. Problem is, after those 2 years or even 3.5 years, then what? Everything I own is mine until either my OS doesn't support it anymore or the company goes out of business, and that's assuming you need constant online authorization which not many products do. Even people who bought Alchemy can still use it even though Camel is no more. With a subscription, you have to keep paying to use it.

But if it works for the OP, yeah, it's a great deal. And if after 1 month he finds he doesn't like any of it, he can cancel and it cost him like $20. So yeah, it's an option.

Thank you very much for your answers your very valuable advice.

Etienne1973

Armin Van Buuren Perfect Style.

Wagtunes

I will watch this with great attention.

El-bo

Kontakt + expansions, a great alternative, I'm going to listen to this.

Ngw38

The subscription system not very fan. I prefer to wait if the price is higher higher and buy the full version.

A big thank you again for your advice, I will go listen to your different proposals to get a more complete idea about what you talk to me.

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Thank you really for your videos and your involvement.

I will listen to this with my greatest attention.

I just went to listen to the series Zero G Ehtera, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

A very big thank you, just perfect.

In addition the bundle is 200 euros, we must add Kontakt, but, considering all products compatible with this product, a good investment in time.

I jump on this thread because I disagree with the price tag. 600 euros for trance for a newcomer (I presume)?

Buy Xpand!2 and Hybrid 3. They will set you back between zero and thirty bucks. Then SynthMaster One (or similar). And why not the cool Fathom on a twelve bucks flash sale?

This (van Buuren) is easy music with tons of inexpensive and even free options (my favourite freebie: TAL NoiseMaker). In case you are just starting out then don't spend more than a hundred. Then buy more stuff in the November and December sales.

BTW, if I were you I would spend more money on effects since you can use them to tweak your sounds. I would also buy some trance sound effect banks.

Last but not least you need a good mastering option, especially for EDM. I strongly suggest you jump on the Izotope Ozone Elements flash sale at 29 bucks, really cheap at the moment. :tu:

Good luck with your music!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Hello,

I already have as VST Nexus 2, Avenger, Synthmaster 2.9, Hive, Spire, Serum, Analog Lab 3.

Yes, a newcomer.

I had a few years ago material, but since the soundscape to evolve, especially with vst.

Thank you for your advice.

Nice setup! I think some of the other plugins I mentioned will compliment your plugins well.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “Instruments”