Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
jethrobull
KVRian

1345 posts since 5 Jun, 2011, from England,UK

Postby jethrobull; Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:24 am The Endless

All the audience cares about is being fed a stream of songs that they know and can sing along to.
myfeebleeffort
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/
wagtunes
KVRAF

12645 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am Re: The Endless

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.375

Comments: Nice ambient sounds on this one. Wasn't expecting the upbeat tempo with the drums but it works. Very nicely done.
Nubm
KVRist

35 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Postby Nubm; Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:28 pm Re: The Endless

[This reflects just my opinion,english isn't my native language]

The mixing is brilliant. Love how you switch the focus during the song so everything swirls and mixes and moves together. The short outro is very cool. However, the intro was quite uninteressting. The drums and the bass were way too uninvolved for DnB in my opinion. In this context, i think the synths were too full and rich, if that makes any sense. That does not matter much as the song progresses, just ruined the intro for me. The bass, although with a great basic sound, was almost boring to listen too. Especially with that 'drum loop' playing endlessly, only interupted by some very short 'breaks'. The bass in the end seemed to just sit there and made me miss the awesome movements the track had before.
Great work nonetheless, i really enjoyed that flight!
Allomerus
KVRAF

1937 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:06 pm Re: The Endless

Nice track Bully. Lovely wash of sounds from the pads.
Drums have a cool urgency which counters the pads. Maybe you could vary this a bit...
Vocals are a nice addition.
Well done!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
jethrobull
KVRian

1345 posts since 5 Jun, 2011, from England,UK

Postby jethrobull; Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:39 am Re: The Endless

Thank you for the comments and constructive feedback guys, really appreciate it! :tu:
All the audience cares about is being fed a stream of songs that they know and can sing along to.
myfeebleeffort
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/
Bansaw
KVRist

293 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Postby Bansaw; Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:35 pm Re: The Endless

I don't know if its these headphones or not, but there seems to be a little too much high end harshness, and even a little distortion.
Maybe I need to listen on a good set of speakers, but thats my first impression.
Apart form the mixing/mastering I like the arrangement.
Win10x64, i7-7700k, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD, 2TB, Reaper x64. Albion One, Avenger, Kontakt 5, Motu Ethno. | My feedback | Youtube |
VPS Avenger Sapphire expansion | www.BansawCrown.com
Eauson
KVRian

758 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:07 am Re: The Endless

1st impression, nice wide pads, beat drops well, love the little under bass on the beat, but it does get a touch submerged under the pads and doesn't really cut through enough, maybe a slight increase in volume on the second section of the beat to give it a breathing edge? Would also like a touch more variation in there, maybe some double speed bits to change it up or the same beat just different percussion just to liven the overall feel.
Overall, nice :tu: :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
seismic1
KVRAF

8932 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:43 pm Re: The Endless

Liquid DnB, or very close to it, imho. I just let it wash over me 4 or 5 times. I liked the little variations in the harmonies made by the different instruments. Dreamy stuff.

A perfect tonic after a day spent re-configuring a database with more of the same tomorrow.

Good work :)
ChamMusic
KVRian

606 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:01 am Re: The Endless

Shades of Goldie's Timeless! Enjoyed it!

I would've liked the drums to be a bit more upfront in the mix? Just a 'touch' mind!

Maybe a vocal layer or some sort of lead synth line entering a bit earlier is something to think about?

It DOES work well as it stands, though!

Maybe you could extend it beyond those late vocal entries and turn into a 20 minute epic D&B track like Inner City Life! :0)
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe