Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
voidhead23
KVRist

46 posts since 5 Jan, 2018, from Beijing, PRC

Postby voidhead23; Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 pm Made an EP, Shibboleth (Electro-Metal)

i posted a few songs for feedback a while ago and really appreciate the opinions and encouragement i got. Spent the last couple months finishing the tracks up, mastering (they're louder now!) and getting some artwork together. i hope some of you enjoy it, i'm pretty happy with the way these turned out (for the most part, though some stuff was a little rushed).

https://soundcloud.com/izalith/sets/shibboleth
Nubm
KVRist

35 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Postby Nubm; Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:53 pm Re: Made an EP, Shibboleth (Electro-Metal)

I have to listen to the whole list more carefully, but at a first glance, the riffs are kind of very similar and somewhat repetetive throughout the songs. It sounds 'overproduced' at a lot of parts. Its a weird mix of styles, but also quite interessting. I like the ideas you put in there very much. But they get burried in the mix often. The guitars need some work when they are stacked/layered with the synths. The parts were they play alone or during the post rock parts were much easier to listen too. The mid highs are turning into noisy mush quite often. The electronic elements are much more distinguishable. Its a lot better in the last song, but it seems that the synths are more prominent there.

As said, interessting concept and choice of styles.
Vortifex
KVRian

789 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:24 pm Re: Made an EP, Shibboleth (Electro-Metal)

Izalith, Dark Souls player eh? :wink:

Really interesting mix of styles, I liked it. Favourite tracks for me were False Beginner and She Feels.

That big cinematic sound you're going for with lots of stuff going on needs to be really well mixed, and I feel in some of the tracks there was some harshness particularly in the 2k-4k region that needs to be tamed to make it easier on the ear.

Overall though I enjoyed it.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe