Upgrade offer?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1st, thank for making T7 available for free guys. But I'm a bit confused as to the latest upgrade offer i just received by email. This is what the offer says:

Everyone Can Upgrade To Waveform 9

To celebrate this milestone, we invite all customers with an older Tracktion license to upgrade to Waveform9. During this limited time offer, you can snag an updated license and only pay the upgrade price (just select the upgrade option during checkout).

Limited time offer ends soon.
Then T7 becomes minimum version for upgrade pricing.

But then if you go to buy the upgrade and you get this message: T7 or Waveform licenses can upgrade (excluding free versions).

Now i have the full version of T6 and now T7, does that mean i can get the deal? Even if i got them free?

Thanks.
What ever!

I was trying to figure that out myself. Maybe this 5 month old support question will just deepen the mystery.
https://tracktion.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... I-Upgrade-

I think if you have any paid version of Tracktion, you should be good for the limited time upgrade offer to W9, which clearly says "older" versions are eligible. Normally they have a cutoff for how far back you can upgrade from.

They have had the no upgrade policy in place for free versions for a while now, so kind of doubt they will change that. That would just tick off the folks that had paid for it. But I think you can also upgrade a copy you got bundled with hardware.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Way back when, I used the free version of T6, and Tracktion allowed me to upgrade to W9 for $59 on this upgrade deal. I couldn't pass that up. I believe that if you already have any free version, however old, you can get the discounted upgrade.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote:Way back when, I used the free version of T6, and Tracktion allowed me to upgrade to W9 for $59 on this upgrade deal. I couldn't pass that up. I believe that if you already have any free version, however old, you can get the discounted upgrade.
Yea at $59 I'm really tempted too. So you're saying all i have to do is try and if it works I'm OK? I just don't want to end up with an "Upgrade" i can't use.

Thanks all.
What ever!

I don't see why your situation doesn't exactly match mine.

Reading the fine print on the email they sent me, current (licensed) T6 and T7 users are included in the $59 upgrade.

After the sale ends, T6 users will no longer be able to upgrade for $59. Only T7 and Waveform 8 users will be eligible for future, low-cost upgrades.

If you haven't installed T6 and licensed your free product, or installed your complimentary copy of T7 through a hardware purchase, I'd say now is the time...and snag that low-cost upgrade right after. I can personally assure you get a TON of great stuff for the cost (Melodyne and Collective are fantastic).

If in doubt, email support@tracktion.com to confirm: Brian is very responsive and helpful, and was eager to get me a good deal on another product a couple weeks ago. There's no company quite like this.

Any news on this?
I5-8600K, 16 GB, Presonus Audiobox USB 96, Fl Studio, Reason 11, Studio One 5 Artist.

Well, I just tried myself as I am supposedly in the same exact position as user "Watchful" but since T4 free actually. So I have T4, T5, T6 and now T7 free all installed and licensed.

Logged into my account on the web, went to Waveform 9 Upgrade Basic, clicked "add to the cart", and sadly it just said there was nothing on the cart. I tried several times with no luck, so I guess it is actually for non free versions only. I don't know if user "Watchful" was just not telling the truth or simply lucky for some reason.

I guess we will have to wait hoping Tracktion guys will offer again a 50% off this year's black friday.

P.D.: Weird thing though is that I didn't get that special offer email or even received any Tracktion email for quite some time now. Not even after getting T7 free two days ago. Maybe I am not correctly listed in their database and therefor that's why I can't opt for an upgrade ? Don't think so but who knows.

P.D.2: Oh, damn. I just realized I was not subscribed to their special offers mailing list and I had an email from them from when the new EU privacy law came into, asking for me to subscribe. Anyway, since I subscribed, same result when trying to upgrade.

Huh. As a reminder, mine was T6 to W9 back in April. I do suggest emailing support@tracktion.com in Alandor's case for sure. Perhaps they will comment directly here.

Watchful wrote:Huh. As a reminder, mine was T6 to W9 back in April. I do suggest emailing support@tracktion.com in Alandor's case for sure. Perhaps they will comment directly here.
Seems odd that they have not commented yet,they usually watch this forum closely.

I already own a Waveform license, but the email they sent me clearly says "everyone". So if someone made a mistake in how they worded the email they ought to at least clarify or honor it.

Try adding the upgrade to your cart while logged out. That part will work for sure. Then when prompted to login to verify a previous version license, login. What happens next?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I only have the free version 7 on my account and when I choose the $59 upgrade there are no errors. I get to the checkout screen where the payment options are. Haven't gone through all the way though.
I5-8600K, 16 GB, Presonus Audiobox USB 96, Fl Studio, Reason 11, Studio One 5 Artist.

gruberman wrote:I only have the free version 7 on my account and when I choose the $59 upgrade there are no errors. I get to the checkout screen where the payment options are. Haven't gone through all the way though.
Interesting...not sure why Alandor's didn't work this way.

Any treacktion rep that wants to clarify?

Alandor wrote:Well, I just tried myself as I am supposedly in the same exact position as user "Watchful" but since T4 free actually. So I have T4, T5, T6 and now T7 free all installed and licensed.

Logged into my account on the web, went to Waveform 9 Upgrade Basic, clicked "add to the cart", and sadly it just said there was nothing on the cart. I tried several times with no luck, so I guess it is actually for non free versions only. I don't know if user "Watchful" was just not telling the truth or simply lucky for some reason.
From your description, you should have been able to get the upgrade pricing. Send us an email at support@tracktion.com so I can take a look for you.

And yes, everyone really does mean everyone 8) This limited time upgrade offer extends to all Tracktion customers, even those with free licenses.

Return to “Tracktion”