Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
julienearle
KVRer

5 posts since 13 Jun, 2018

Postby julienearle; Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:14 pm Here's a Techno kick tutorial I just made!

vurt
addled muppet weed

35958 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:06 am Re: Here's a Techno kick tutorial I just made!

i think you should make a tutorial on "how to make a tutorial"

that's teaching a man to fish.
nordickvr
KVRian

878 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Postby nordickvr; Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 pm Re: Here's a Techno kick tutorial I just made!

vurt wrote:i think you should make a tutorial on "how to make a tutorial"

that's teaching a man to fish.

Yah, was just looking for some "get your Bass fast without lure" tut.
dark water
KVRian

808 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Postby dark water; Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:12 pm Re: Here's a Techno kick tutorial I just made!

I'll give Julien some credit: he's certainly very enthusiastic to get out new videos over a short timeline.
As whyterabbit mentioned in another of Julien's threads though, it would appear he is more after YT hits and fly-by spamming rather than any major interaction with people, either here or on YT.

Frankly, anyone can easily make a techno kick: the tools are endless now for creating something half decent within a couple of minutes.

I'm more interested in knowing what expertise someone pumping out his tutorial videos on KVR (and YT) has.
His recent 4 min video about how to make mixes cleaner and more balanced (allegedly) tells me more about his technical skills than a tutorial about techno kicks ever could:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyxO4EvqtQ

To be kind, I was expecting more than an 8 bar loop featuring a couple of weedy, layered instruments in order to show how entire mixes could be more balanced and cleaner...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Production Techniques