This is Drunken Monkey Style 101 ( Updated Version )

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Something I put together :D

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/this-is-d ... y-style101

Thankyouverymuch :)
Last edited by Eauson on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 7.75

Comments: Love the wah bass. Appears to be a loop for about half the track. Then it seems to drift into some subtle variations before resuming. I guess this is kind of a beat? Personal preferences, top line and kick to cut through a little more. Have you considered adding some kind of rap or lead line to this track? Kind of screams out for it.

Thanks Wags,

Its Drunken Monkey Style :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

a tad sub-bass heavy, making the low end muddy. i do like the percussion. lower that bass and the high end will cut through better as well.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:a tad sub-bass heavy, making the low end muddy. i do like the percussion. lower that bass and the high end will cut through better as well.
Many thanks for listening and advice, had a little listen to Baby Cart/Lone wolf and cub/ Shogun assassin this morning and added a few bits and pieces, plus dropped the bass to around 8 and increased DRM to 10.
Thanks to both of you for the tips and advice, hope it sounds better :D

your drunken monkey is no match for my wu tang style!

love any old school kung fu reference, so im in!

the updated version, nice piece, could easily imagine someone spittin' rhymes over this. bit of a late night drive through a rainy city feel to it 8)
has an air of nightmares on wax about it, if slightly darker :evil:

vurt wrote:your drunken monkey is no match for my wu tang style!

love any old school kung fu reference, so im in!

the updated version, nice piece, could easily imagine someone spittin' rhymes over this. bit of a late night drive through a rainy city feel to it 8)
has an air of nightmares on wax about it, if slightly darker :evil:
Many thanks,
I will use my Shaolin Buddha Finger, :oops: I dropped it, oh me and my Buddha fingers :D

Any comparison to Nightmares on Wax is :tu: still dig out the old stuff when I get a chance
This was a hark back to those early days
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgioBL8EO_0

And a lot of the early Depth Charge, Mr Kirk etc was my GOTO in my roller disco days :)
So I've been attempting to imitate using freeware synthesisers instead of samples.
Not sure how successful, but can only try.
Rainy days, I remember them :D

Whilst listening to this, I kept seeing images from Guy Ritchie's "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" in my mind's eye. I guess that would make this suitable for some sort of OST application.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Whilst listening to this, I kept seeing images from Guy Ritchie's "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" in my mind's eye. I guess that would make this suitable for some sort of OST application.

Good work :)
Thankyouverymuch,

Lock, stock is haha,
Barry the Baptist: ****ing northern drunken monkey style :)
Gary: I hate these ****ing southern fairies!

Can everyone stop gettin' shot?

Some of the text has been changed for further comedic value, it may or may not work

:D

Yeah, listening this leads me into a good meditative mood,
especially the repeating "bass-morf" is very prominent.
The last third changes a little - here you break
the meditative flow for a short time.

Nice relaxing groove - good to listen. :tu:
Are drunken monkey like this? :clap:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote:Yeah, listening this leads me into a good meditative mood,
especially the repeating "bass-morf" is very prominent.
The last third changes a little - here you break
the meditative flow for a short time.

Nice relaxing groove - good to listen. :tu:
Are drunken monkey like this? :clap:
Thankyouverymuch for listening and commenting :)

The mediative bit :D
The drunken monkey style, is me trying to externalise my own feeling and attitude. I sometimes picture myself as a bit loose in terms of what I babble on about :clown: and still feel that my balance in life is better than it really is :dog: :dog: and I'm very proud of my tails, I tells, to you and whoever will listen :lol:

Oh, & often I talk gibberish/a lot of bollox, but you may have already noticed that :)

Plus, I very much likey the old kungfu films 8)

Great name for this! ;)
This is another great track for unwinding to. I love the bass...
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

If Funk Monkey wasn't taken a million times i would say Drunk Funk Monkey lol.

Good bassline but too repetitive, IMHO. i see you switched it up, but if you tossed them back and forth earlier i wouldn't have grinded my teeth making myself listen to it :( sorry, no offense, justa lesson i have learned after being called a newb for being too repetitive so many times,.

Strong style you have, i like the control you have but wild sense of tonality.

All in all, i would really enjoy this more if the basslines were swapped back and forth, possibly with a drop every 45 seconds or so, at the end you drop it and i feel you could just copy/paste that into the after-intro and mid-section and make it feel more alive.

Overall great Concept, hope you don't take offense, my suggestions have been praised by a lot of people in Image-Line Forums for doing drops and filter sweeps, so i suggest you do the same. Cheers m8
Aspiring HipHop Producer: https://soundcloud.com/djlfd

:lol: oh my.

It has that late nineties, lazy, ninja tune thing going on. Sounds good. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”