No Hope (Ludum Dare August 2018)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi again you handsome people!

I've got the privilege to make music for my son in laws games when he creates them. It's an amazing process and so giving for me to be able to create something that sets the mood for a game. The game he's creating is for Ludum Dare August 2018. He's only 16 years old and such a talented young man.

I'll post the link to the game when he releases it should there be any interest in trying it out :)

Anyways, please have a listen and be brutally honest if you don't like it! :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/r4pturemusic/no- ... -dare-2018

very cool. esp the guitars. no major mix gripes. congrats!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:very cool. esp the guitars. no major mix gripes. congrats!
Thank you layzer!! :pray:

It immediately reminded me on a Mass Effect 1 Song, the one playing at the galaxy map. And i just checked, its called 'Unchartered Worlds'. With that in mind im unable to coment on your song without beeing biased.
May i ask if your song is influenced by that in any way?

Nubm wrote:It immediately reminded me on a Mass Effect 1 Song, the one playing at the galaxy map. And i just checked, its called 'Unchartered Worlds'. With that in mind im unable to coment on your song without beeing biased.
May i ask if your song is influenced by that in any way?
That's really cool!

I've actually played Mass Effect and remember that I liked some of the songs from there but I cannot recall how it goes :)
Must check them out again! I'll take a listen tomorrow on the song you mentioned.. it's late here in Finland :D

My inspiriation is drawn from many different places but soundtracks for movies is something that I've always loved. Too bad I can't make anything even remotely epic :hihi:

Thank you so much for listening! :pray:

Is your son in law 16? Talk about marrying young!

Bansaw wrote:Is your son in law 16? Talk about marrying young!
Haha, now I'm loling myself :hihi:

I was like at first, what do you mean marrying young? Then I saw what I've written. He's ofcourse not my son in law, he's my gfs middle son.. in my haste (and bad english) I just wrote what I thought it meant. Sorry for my bad english Bansaw :dog:

Bansaw wrote:Is your son in law 16? Talk about marrying young!
Haha, now I'm loling myself :hihi:

I was like at first, what do you mean marrying young? Then I saw what I've written. He's ofcourse not my son in law, he's my gfs middle son.. in my haste (and bad english) I just wrote what I thought it meant. Sorry for my bad english Bansaw :dog:

This was a great piece of dramatic electronic music. I liked the variations in the arp, both in the filtering and in the little variations in the pattern which added a lot of interest. The switch between the synth and guitar? worked very well. Great piece of OST.

Bra jobbat :)

seismic1 wrote:This was a great piece of dramatic electronic music. I liked the variations in the arp, both in the filtering and in the little variations in the pattern which added a lot of interest. The switch between the synth and guitar? worked very well. Great piece of OST.

Bra jobbat :)
Wow thank you for the kind words! The arps were so much fun! I recorded it with my Korg Monologue which I absolutely love for this kind of music :D

Tack så mycket! :pray:

The arp is really great. The pads are nice, too. Always waiting for the drums but works well like that.
Greetings
HM

htcnext2 wrote:The arp is really great. The pads are nice, too. Always waiting for the drums but works well like that.
Greetings
HM
Thank you!

Yeah it could've been drums there too I suppose :hihi: But when it was for a space-type game I thought that I'd just skip them :lol:

I was originally thinking of doing like a synthwave song for it but the pace of the game isn't fast so it felt more right with something more mellow!

Good filter-work on the synthie-arpeggio in the first part!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote:Good filter-work on the synthie-arpeggio in the first part!
Thanks mate! It's the Korg Monologue that's doing the arps :love:

Return to “Music Cafe”