Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
spacekid
KVRian

997 posts since 12 Sep, 2005

Postby spacekid; Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:24 pm whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

I have been using this demo alongside Garritan's lite version CFX. They are on par with each other in my opinion. There has been little to no mention of whole sounds piano here, that I have found. Also, until the end of September, you will receive a 45% off discount just for submitting a demo track with the demo plug. So, just a heads up for that, the original price is around $75 I think, so with the discount, you will be getting a quality piano for almost nothing. I know I'm going to do it. -thoughts, comments?
spacekid
KVRian

Postby spacekid; Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:25 pm Re: whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

spacekid wrote:I have been using this demo alongside Garritan's lite version CFX. They are on par with each other in my opinion. There has been little to no mention of whole sounds piano here, that I have found. Also, until the end of September, you will receive a 45% off discount just for submitting a demo track with the demo plug. So, just a heads up for that, the original price is around $75 I think, so with the discount, you will be getting a quality piano for almost nothing. I know I'm going to do it. -thoughts, comments? https://www.wholesounds.com/1954-baldwin-parlor-grand
DJErmac
KVRist

447 posts since 25 Apr, 2009, from France

Postby DJErmac; Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:43 pm Re: whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

Thank you so much for this information ! I'm going to download the demo right now ! :tu:
spacekid
KVRian

Postby spacekid; Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:56 pm Re: whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

no problem. It's a bit challenging to stick with the onboard eq and effects while creating a patch though. They are good, but your plugins are better.
DJErmac
KVRist

Postby DJErmac; Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:14 am Re: whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

I've just received my discount code. This piano is unique, for such a price it's a lovely offer and a very nice surprise !
spacekid
KVRian

Postby spacekid; Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pm Re: whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

DJErmac wrote:I've just received my discount code. This piano is unique, for such a price it's a lovely offer and a very nice surprise !

I've got to wait a week before I buy it. How is the cpu usage with the full version?
Fleer
KVRAF

3687 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:59 pm Re: whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

This is an absolutely sweet grand and the only Baldwin at that.
DJErmac
KVRist

Postby DJErmac; Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:09 am Re: whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

spacekid wrote:
DJErmac wrote:I've just received my discount code. This piano is unique, for such a price it's a lovely offer and a very nice surprise !

I've got to wait a week before I buy it. How is the cpu usage with the full version?

It's barely noticeable on my machine but my CPU is not bad...

The sound is noticeable though... :hyper: this is a wonderful piano ! Way brighter than I expected (not too bright either), way more powerful than I thought a 1954 piano would be, and full of character. I really love this one !
spacekid
KVRian

Postby spacekid; Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:02 pm Re: whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

DJErmac wrote:
spacekid wrote:

It's barely noticeable on my machine but my CPU is not bad...

The sound is noticeable though... :hyper: this is a wonderful piano ! Way brighter than I expected (not too bright either), way more powerful than I thought a 1954 piano would be, and full of character. I really love this one !

I agree. I've had this one on my 'buy' list for a while, which is how I noticed this deal for it..just by checking in on it. The best time to get it is now. You can deaden the brightness by using the mono channel plus onboard eq. I've been working on a dead/mid heavy patch a bit..the full version may be even brighter than the demo though.
DJErmac
KVRist

Postby DJErmac; Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 pm Re: whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

Oh, I don't find it TOO bright at all. It's plain perfect like this. It's just that I expected a 1954 piano to be sampled with a more "vintage" tone, meaning a darker one. It's crystal clear !

I'll compare the demo and the full version and will let you know if I notice a difference in the sound, but I would be surprised if they're not the same.
DJErmac
KVRist

Postby DJErmac; Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:01 pm Re: whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

I've loaded the demo and the full version in two different Falcon parts : the product is exactly the same.
spacekid
KVRian

Postby spacekid; Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:06 pm Re: whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

DJErmac wrote:I've loaded the demo and the full version in two different Falcon parts : the product is exactly the same.

sweet :)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries