lofi house - 15 seconds

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i've recently became interested in lofi house and decided to start making some - partly as a challenge to myself and partly because i love the sound - can someone tell me if i have the vibe right; anything i can adjust in the sounds to increase the vibe or have i got it already:

https://soundcloud.com/drjt/idea-310/s-c1ZgF

Don't know about lofi house, I've never listened to it.

From where I'm seeing it I wouldn't care so much for genres and trying to "meet up" with what people expect from a genre. If you do that, you'll maybe end up with something listenable but not memorable. I think this sounds dope and I've never heard anything like it. Full steam ahead I say!

If the goal is only to mimic a certain genre then I wish you good luck with it! I know that you can draw experience from trying to resemble certain styles/techniques etc. But for me it's no fun in that :hihi:

What I'm trying to say is that it feels like a nice song, you should complete it and try to do it in your way!

Keep up the good work :D

Periphery wrote:Don't know about lofi house, I've never listened to it.

From where I'm seeing it I wouldn't care so much for genres and trying to "meet up" with what people expect from a genre. If you do that, you'll maybe end up with something listenable but not memorable. I think this sounds dope and I've never heard anything like it. Full steam ahead I say!

If the goal is only to mimic a certain genre then I wish you good luck with it! I know that you can draw experience from trying to resemble certain styles/techniques etc. But for me it's no fun in that :hihi:

What I'm trying to say is that it feels like a nice song, you should complete it and try to do it in your way!

Keep up the good work :D
Thanks man i appreciate the comment; with house the reason i aim to 'meet up' is because the intention of the songs are to go in a mix where they normally just all fit together.

at the same time i really agree with doing things 'your' way as i guess that's what makes thing sound different at the end of the day!

The high hats are really "poking out" ... could come down a little. Hard to judge anything properly with only 15 secs tbh.

Sounds promising, nice vibe, go for it! :phones:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Periphery wrote:you should complete it and try to do it in your way!
Yep!
thecontrolcentre wrote:The high hats are really "poking out" ... could come down a little. Hard to judge anything properly with only 15 secs tbh.
Ditto all that!

15 secs...seriously?

It's a good, tight, driving groove, I'll say that much! :0)

Vocal sample - very 'warbly' quality that is never pleasant to listen to over a whole track.

ChamMusic wrote:
Periphery wrote:you should complete it and try to do it in your way!
Yep!
thecontrolcentre wrote:The high hats are really "poking out" ... could come down a little. Hard to judge anything properly with only 15 secs tbh.
Ditto all that!

15 secs...seriously?

It's a good, tight, driving groove, I'll say that much! :0)

Vocal sample - very 'warbly' quality that is never pleasant to listen to over a whole track.
I just didn't want to upload a whole track for quick feedback but fair enough point noted and taken.

any tips on getting over the warbly quality? normally ill try and mask it with fx. the source vocal isn't that bad but warping it tends to take it's toll some

agreed - i don't like that they aren't sonically pleasing to listen to atm it's one of my priorities - thanks!

ONST (UK) wrote:any tips on getting over the warbly quality? normally ill try and mask it with fx. the source vocal isn't that bad but warping it tends to take it's toll some
Difficult to say anything useful without hearing the original / knowing what you've applied FX-wise.

Return to “Music Cafe”