janke
KVRist

312 posts since 27 Aug, 2008

Postby janke; Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:30 pm europal

Nubm
KVRist

35 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Postby Nubm; Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:50 pm Re: europal

I found this one a bit uninteressting. But thats just my opinion. The wide stereo imagery is very pleasant, but comes with some phase issues. You could move things 'up' and 'down' a bit more instead of just left and right.
fastlanephil
KVRian

571 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:21 pm Re: europal

I think it’s pretty good but maybe it needs to be shortened or it could use little more development. Could it be a EDM track with a punchier percussion?
Nubm
KVRist

35 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Postby Nubm; Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:24 am Re: europal

You probably could turn anything into everything, but i'd say this one works on its own. It has a certain dreamlike atmosphere, which is quite nice. The voice adds a lot to that too. It just does not go 'all the way' in my opinion. As far as the composition goes, it would work nice in a movie or game scene. What i was missing the most was the context. Also the wide spread requires a lot of attention and sensitivity when it comes to balancing and mixing.
However, you are putting out a lot of songs lately, and it feels your focus has shifted. Not surprising though, and i wouldn't worry too much about it. Some other issues have already been pointed out in other threads, and i love how you keep experimenting and advancing in your techniques. So with that in mind, nagging about structure might be a bit inappropriate, but thats also part of the song. And it is one of your strongest features in my opinion.
janke
KVRist

Postby janke; Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:05 pm Re: europal

Lot of the song i put up lately are songs made some years ago, that i remove from SoundCloud and now iup again. And maded with instrument that i dont have anymore. Many sounds bds are from elektron analog four
ChamMusic
KVRian

822 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:00 am Re: europal

What is there definitely works...I enjoyed listening to it.

But - it is a little bit limited in its musical content and development of ideas...no big hooks / strong leading melodies etc.

Shame it's an old track where you don't have the equipment anymore as it has potential to be tweaked into something very good indeed!

Nubm wrote:The wide stereo imagery is very pleasant, but comes with some phase issues.

Agreed 100% - needs more variety from front to back of the soundstage rather than just relying on left to right.
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
janke
KVRist

Postby janke; Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:27 am Re: europal

tanks i have lot to learn mixing and so on the sounds are directly fom instruments as it is :

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe