Skreechy Dubstep/Trap/Breaks style sounds with FM?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I want to start doing these sounds, but not exactly sure where to start, algorithm wise... and waveform wise. Was wondering if anyone here has experience with this and could tell me if there are some algorithms that are good for this, or is it all over the place? I realize some of it is wavetable, and I've made some pretty cool stuff like that but I know a lot of it is FM too, I can hear it, just don't know how to do it with FM. I've had some luck with 2-0P and squares but a lot of what I hear sounds more complex than that. Using Rhino for FM btw but doubt that matters too much.

Thanks in advance :)
In the future there will be robots!

Yes, FM is great for agressive EDM sounds. And yes, it's all over the place. Wherever you go, you will discover some odd sounds. Of course to tame it you need to understand FM basics :hihi: For starters I suggest to try inharmonic ratios and detune modulating operators.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Sound Design”