Lost In Madness | WIP |

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,,
working on some fresh hardcore tune and i was wondering if you have something to say about it;)
Feedback & Tips are allways welcome!

Enjoy (if you can:P)
https://soundcloud.com/maarten-pool/los ... ip/s-LQLdk

My mate Trev the drummer would bang along to this quite merrily, could easily accommodate a roar or two. Interesting breakdown and the recovery definitely rocks, maybe could be reduced to get a fuller impact. :tu: :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote:My mate Trev the drummer would bang along to this quite merrily, could easily accommodate a roar or two. Interesting breakdown and the recovery definitely rocks, maybe could be reduced to get a fuller impact. :tu: :D
You mean filter out the sound during the build up? or make it less full during the reveal?!

MaartenP wrote:
Eauson wrote:My mate Trev the drummer would bang along to this quite merrily, could easily accommodate a roar or two. Interesting breakdown and the recovery definitely rocks, maybe could be reduced to get a fuller impact. :tu: :D
You mean filter out the sound during the build up? or make it less full during the reveal?!
Yeah, sorry bout that, the snare comes in all solid, maybe have that slightly reduced in vol or filtered. Even heavy breathing typa thing could give an extra dimension instead of snare, these are just things that came to me to allow something to standout ;)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote:
MaartenP wrote:
Yeah, sorry bout that, the snare comes in all solid, maybe have that slightly reduced in vol or filtered. Even heavy breathing typa thing could give an extra dimension instead of snare, these are just things that came to me to allow something to standout ;)
Hmm, will look in to that! but i kinda did that because of the big kickdrums that come before that, there has to be some kind of impact on that 3rd bar... but i understand what you mean.
thanks for the advice!

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:That is one solid kick that comes in at 0:53, love it.
Agreed...the overall production is well done.
Vortifex wrote:I personally felt that the long spoken part during the break doesn't work from a dancefloor perspective
If it ever got to the dance floor, they would definitely ask for a remix for use in clubs.
Eauson wrote:My mate Trev the drummer would bang along to this quite merrily
Neighbour's toddler is a f#ckin hardcore demon on the pots and pans...he loved it and took it to new heights with his 'overturned wok' solo! :0) His roar of desperation when his dad finally removed the spoon from his hand fitted in fine as well!

It all works very well...I would've liked the kick-ass riff that enters after the break to have come in beforehand and then then maybe build it even more with an extra melodic layer after the break?

Vortifex wrote:I personally felt that the long spoken part during the break doesn't work from a dancefloor perspective
If it ever got to the dance floor, they would definitely ask for a remix for use in clubs.
Neighbour's toddler is a f#ckin hardcore demon on the pots and pans...he loved it and took it to new heights with his 'overturned wok' solo! :0) His roar of desperation when his dad finally removed the spoon from his hand fitted in fine as well!

It all works very well...I would've liked the kick-ass riff that enters after the break to have come in beforehand and then then maybe build it even more with an extra melodic layer after the break?

Absolutely no idea why that appeared twice! :0)

Vortifex wrote:That is one solid kick that comes in at 0:53, love it. I personally felt that the long spoken part during the break doesn't work from a dancefloor perspective, I thought that section could be tightened up a little. Overall though a really solid and well-produced track, IMO.
Thanks man! Good to hear! And understand what you mean with the long spoken part, but i dont know if you’re familiair with the genre, but it’s not unusual for hardcore to have breaks like that. And because of the chaotickness of the track, i thought iT was good to have Some breathing room there.
But your Words are apreciated!

ChamMusic wrote:

Thank you to! The break and drop had a whole make-over. That riff wasn’t there before, i was also thinking about putting that sound and riff in Some blocks before the main break, but i have to look in to that.
IT’s still a work in progress, so all feedback is taken in to considiration;)
Thnx!

anyone else got something to say about it?!

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.25

Comments: Well, it certainly has lots of energy and I guess I can imagine people having a good time dancing to it. Musically, it doesn't do much for me but that's just a personal thing and not a reflection on the quality of the production. The mix is decent but I think there is room for improvement. As I'm no mix master, I can't give specifics as to what I'm hearing that can be improved but it's something in the mid range. I can't tell if it's a reverb or EQ problem but the mid just sounds kind of flat. Of course that could just be my 60 year old ears. It is well done though performance wise.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.25

Comments: Well, it certainly has lots of energy and I guess I can imagine people having a good time dancing to it. Musically, it doesn't do much for me but that's just a personal thing and not a reflection on the quality of the production. The mix is decent but I think there is room for improvement. As I'm no mix master, I can't give specifics as to what I'm hearing that can be improved but it's something in the mid range. I can't tell if it's a reverb or EQ problem but the mid just sounds kind of flat. Of course that could just be my 60 year old ears. It is well done though performance wise.
Well thank you!
Mixing is a returning problem in my productions, it is improving, but far from professional. If i have enough trust in the end product i’ll probably let it mix and master by a proffesional. But i’ll definitly take the 8.25 as a compliment!
Thank you!

Don't really have much to say apart from that I liked this and there's no like button. It's pretty mad.

Return to “Music Cafe”