Making a DIY Dust cover for Studio Monitors...

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In case if you'd like to make some DIY dust covers for your Speakers or Studio monitors, here's a walkthrough video to do just that. My 90 years old friend actually helped me make the covers. He's the one who did the sewing and stuff. I documented and edited the footage pretty much.

He made a cut out for the back cable for my Focals. He did say that if your device has multiple connecters, then it wouldn't make sense to make any cut outs at all. You can just sew the corner lines in the back to a certain point and then leave the rest open. That way the back section of the cover will just drop on top of those cables/connectors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C9oOdku7rE

That was a good watch - some useful tips, especially for the laying out of panel pieces for ease of sewing :tu:

I was making some pillow cases the other day (perhaps I should post some photos in the "Pictures of your builds" thread :lol: ) which got me thinking I could make some dust covers for certain bits of gear (particularly my reel to reel machine which is a dust magnet) and then this video came along. Thanks for posting. :)

knockman wrote:That was a good watch - some useful tips, especially for the laying out of panel pieces for ease of sewing :tu:

I was making some pillow cases the other day (perhaps I should post some photos in the "Pictures of your builds" thread :lol: ) which got me thinking I could make some dust covers for certain bits of gear (particularly my reel to reel machine which is a dust magnet) and then this video came along. Thanks for posting. :)
Glad you found it useful! Yeah, all those little things that you have to take into consideration! It's just amazing how a piece of fabric turns into something. You seem to have enough experience. Go for it! ...and be sure to share the pictures.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”