My cross-fade style remix collection

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had a remix idea decades ago which I couldn't exercise because the technology just wasn't there.

And now it is (or rather has been for probably a decade or so).

I present to you my now growing collection of cross-fade remixes.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... qMUYJiaYX0

I've already had one blocked because, well, copyright and all that, which was always going to be an issue, and obviously it isn't a big money-making exercise either; the copyright owners reap all that.

So it's just for fun. I'll probably end up putting up a new one each week or so as they're pretty easy to make. Song and artist selection is a lot harder than the actual work.

Please, if you have any suggestions for songs (preferably, the original and a cover - not two covers) which would suit this remix 'engine', post here and I'll see what I can do.

This is just totally Super, I've had similar ideas, but you have just made my day.
Its just brilliant, I could throw more superlatives in here :D

More each week, well I'm in, just to bring a bit more sunshine, more Sun, I could do with some rain, please each week, make it rain with your musiks :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Well thank you very much Eauson! :)

Now I know I'm making at least one other person happy with these pieces!

And please, if you have any suggestions, throw them here and I'll see what I can do..

CinningBao wrote:Well thank you very much Eauson! :)

Now I know I'm making at least one other person happy with these pieces!

And please, if you have any suggestions, throw them here and I'll see what I can do..
Will get my thinking cap on with the concoctions :D
Just an additiona, not to put a downer on this excellent adventure, the 2nd track, which I didn't realise was there, as I listened then.just as was pressing to post my words, didn't have the same level of accomplishment as the first, also pls dont tell me there was more than two, as I then realised I had forgotten something and had 2 rush off, bit like now. :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

thank you for your comments :)

I suppose people's interpretation of the original notes and rhythms will be different. So, although I can match the key, tempo and overall structure of the pieces I can't control, or change (without severely sonically destroying the material) the inter-beat movements of the actual performance.

And I suppose, for me, that's where the creative element is. Sometimes the performers will want to be faithful to the original, and those blends will sound 'right'; other performers will flex the timing and frequencies to fit their expression, and those blends will sound 'wrong'.

That is part of the experience for me. Almost like 'too much information', but I hear the whole more than I do the single voice. As long as the undercurrent/pulse is consistent, the fractured voices, to me, can be quite beautiful.

I hear weird

I'm glad you hear weird, otherwise, where would the world be :D
I'll still enjoy your creations, it just seems I got a bit lana earlier ;)
Please read a word backwards to guess what I meant :D

Interesting mix. America was too commercial for my tastes but it’s a good tune.

There is such a thing a fair use but also there are also copyright laws. If your not making money with it in any way then there is probably no infringement on your part but a site you post it on that does generate money, even indirectly from posted music could have legal exposer.

Are you saying KVR could be at risk?

I know this wasn't garnering that much interest, but what the hell.. I'll carry on uploading these remixes until someone stops me.

Added 2 more remixes and a third is currently uploading. See OP for link

Added another 2 remixes..

Try 'Come Together' out - it isn't as jarring as you might think..

Well this is picking up the little traction I'd expected!

16 at current count, there'll be one which suits your tastes, maybe.

come together : this really works, it almost sounds like you've just put the original through a phaser at some points, the snare from jacko really cuts in well.

nice idea and well executed :) and glad to hear youre having fun doing it, that's the main thing really :ud:

may have to check out some of the others too :)

Thanks vurt :) - yeah, Jacko's version is fairly faithful to the original instrumentally, so you can't _really_ tell anything suspicious is going on. I love how Jacko's slap slides so neatly after Paul's lovely Hofner pillows.

On the other side, as well as Umbrella actually being not-too-bad-a-song-in-itself, the Rihanna/Manic's chorus Pop/Rock switch is strangely hypnotic. Same _sort of_ thing applies to Shake It Off and Killing Me Softly. For me.

It's a great thing to do inbetween other projects - it's quick, (around 30 mins per piece, no more than an hour) the results don't need much mixing, I just need to remember to write down the covers when I think of them when I'm out and about.

When I've got 30 or so I think I'll try to get an hour in a fancy bar in North London; the breadth of reaction very much interests me.

i know you didn't ask for suggestions but, the magick mushroom band did a cover of tomorrow never knows. haven't heard it in a while so i cant say how much work you would need to do, or if youd find it anywhere online?
but for a set in a club/bar environment, tomorrow never knows would be a great track to end on :tu:

Exactly the opposite my friend, please make suggestions! I've been digging through song cover lists and only about 20% is of any real interest.

I like that one though - I'll do it after The Tide Is High.. 7minutes from MMB vs 3 from The Beatles; gonna have to make some drastic edits!

Return to “Music Cafe”