Is there any reverb sound you CAN'T do with the full set of Valhalla reverbs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm just curious if there are distinct reverb types/sounds/colors that you can't get with Valhalla reverbs. Spring reverb comes to mind, but are there other things that you simply cannot attain with his existing stable of delay plugins?

Well.. the only control I really miss in the Valhalla arsenal is a stereo width control. Some reverbs have these and are more than just a simple mid/side control (or basic panning/summing) for width.

I like using a lot of separate reverbs in my mixes (more than 10 is not at all uncommon for me.. sometimes I end up with 20 to 30.. yeah, that may seem crazy at first until you hear the explanation) and very few of those instances are full stereo width. Usually only one or two of them are full width and used as primary reverb instances that tie various audio sources together.

So yeah, while you can mimic/create a lot of different types of reverbs with the full valhalla suite, you can't do it all.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:I like using a lot of separate reverbs in my mixes (more than 10 is not at all uncommon for me.. sometimes I end up with 20 to 30.. yeah, that may seem crazy at first until you hear the explanation).
:o

I'm sure I'm not the only one curious to know what that is all about. Maybe a new thread (if you ever get the time, of course)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
bmanic wrote:I like using a lot of separate reverbs in my mixes (more than 10 is not at all uncommon for me.. sometimes I end up with 20 to 30.. yeah, that may seem crazy at first until you hear the explanation).

I'm sure I'm not the only one curious to know what that is all about. Maybe a new thread (if you ever get the time, of course)
tiny amounts on each instrument, panned to imitate stage settings?

i occasionally am known to have two or three, plus a couple of delays on my guitar.
its mainly to hide the fact i have fingers that don't do as i tell them.

vurt wrote:

i occasionally am known to have two or three, plus a couple of delays on my guitar.
For some reason, I thought he meant that they were different send channels. However, what you say makes more sense, especially given the point about width :tu:

re op

does the valhalla suite have a nice shimmer style reverb? or anything like the strymons choral reverb setting, which sounds effing amazing, but not sure that preset alone is enough for me to grab that :hihi:
although, i might give in one day....

vurt wrote:

For some reason, I thought he meant that they were different send channels. However, what you say makes more sense, especially given the point about width :tu:
yeah, im only guessing though :hihi:

unless hes doing really washed out drone stuff :o :love:

vurt wrote:does the valhalla suite have a nice shimmer style reverb?
It has one in the cryptically named Valhalla Shimmer :wink:
Last edited by mcbpete on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The problem I‘d have with this approach is that I try to limit myself to 5-10(max) tracks in a (mmh) track... These massive stackers are a strange breed for me... :roll:

mcbpete wrote:
It has one in the cryptically named Valhalla Shimmer
As far as I know it‘s called Sinevibes Luminance... :D

mcbpete wrote:
It has one in the cryptically named Valhalla Shimmer :wink:
i don't have the valhalla stuff, was just offering it as a reverb type for the op to ponder :hihi: .

I only have Vintage and I could not get this verb with that.

I don't think you can anything near to Kurzweil's LaserVerb with any of Valhalla's verbs. Or any other plugin, for that matter, AFAIK.

heyheycnv wrote:I only have Vintage and I could not get this verb with that.

Isn't that based on a vintage digital EMT Plate (EMT 250-era)? If so, the Sanctuary mode in VintageVerb is based on the EMT-250 if memory serves me well, so I'd bet it could at least get in the ballpark of the PSP.

I dont think Vintage EMT settings is as thick, dense or 3d as the 2445.

Return to “Effects”