VIP not showing in Ableton VST folder

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed that my VIP plugin is not showing up in my VST folder.

I updated to the newest version to see if that was the problem but it's still not there.

Anyone has this problem and may know why?

Thanks

is it definitely installed in a folder that ableton is pointing to?

Yeah. It's weird. I was using it before with no problems.

Some plugin installers don't ask for the path and may default to non-standard plugin locations. Sometimes you have to track a plugin down and manually move it to the correct plugin folder location. Since Live only allows you to store one custom folder path for plugins, you need to be extra observant with this detail. If you are sure it is in the correct place, try re-scanning plugins.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Yeah. I've been through all that before. Thanks for the tip though.

I wish Ableton would scan for plugins like Reaper.

djmino02 wrote:Yeah. It's weird. I was using it before with no problems.
what happens if you open a project that used it?

Is it possible you've installed the vst3 version, rather than vst2?

I figured it out today. I dragged the file to desktop and back again and it worked.

Now VIP isn't playing any sounds when I trigger MIDI note values

VIP is really weird... after i changed a setting in the MIDI control settings, i was finally able to map my MIDI controller, but, when i did that, it treated the rotary knobs as if they were buttons... On/Off, instead of incremental values. Dunno, there's somethings really strange with the software.

chk071 wrote:VIP is really weird... after i changed a setting in the MIDI control settings, i was finally able to map my MIDI controller, but, when i did that, it treated the rotary knobs as if they were buttons... On/Off, instead of incremental values. Dunno, there's somethings really strange with the software.
There is a menu for that setting in the lower left corner of the VIP MIDI mapping menu titled "Mode". You can select the knob, button, etc. attributes in there. To use it you have to select an existing map, or create a new user map.

*VIP manual page 85-86.

I got VIP working but it loads some annoying template file. Is there a way to just load a blank default instance?

I remember in the past versions it would load a blank instance without any preset template of instruments and fx routings

djmino02 wrote:I got VIP working but it loads some annoying template file. Is there a way to just load a blank default instance?

I remember in the past versions it would load a blank instance without any preset template of instruments and fx routings
Right click on any multi name in your VIP browser. Select 'Set as autoload'.

I'll try that. The last time I tried loading I got an error message.

Finally got it working. Deleted the multi presents and some file in the Program Data folder. Some kind of preset file that was 0 kbs.

Return to “Instruments”