Rhino and SFZ files....

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone tell me why this sfz files results in clicks in the middle of the loop?

<group>
lovel=0
hivel=127

<region> sample=Anomaly XXVI\The Elder Machine.wav
lokey=0 hikey=127
pitch_keycenter=60

start=0
end=1474775

loop_mode=loop_continuous
loop_start=194143
loop_end=1474675

I don't have that wav file to check. But if you load it in a wav editor and set loop points as defined in the sfz, is it looping smoothly ?

Hello Tick ;-)

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Point 1: Rhino needs mono sounds sources. I know. I converted my sounds to mono.

Point 2: I added an extra 1% crossfade to the final loop to facilitate SynthMaster 2. I know. Fixing one problem to cause another....

However, to solve this, I need to re-install Rhino, and a mono file of a random sound and re-do the test. Then I will send you both files and you can tell me if I am crazy or not.

And please, can you tell me how to get Rhino to play from sample star instead of loop start?

Doesn't it play from sample start by default, if phase modulation=0 ?

Thank you, I will re-install and check.

Got a lot on my plate these days... ;-)

Ah, so do I.....crazy times... :)

Hello 'Tick,

I re-installed and made two new files - the same sounds, one old - one new. One loops properly, one does not. So I sorted that out.

And thank for mentioning the Phase Modulation - it was not set to zero. Once I changed that it played from the start.

On a different topic - I am retiring Anomaly for Rhino but will eventually replace it with Anomaly LITE for Rhino.

As that involves making the Anomaly LITE sounds into mono files, I will do that at the same time I make the sf2 version.

Return to “Big Tick”