Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah, actually it is working, so ignore the below comment. ;-)

>>> I forgot to actually hide plugins in the list when selected to be hidden... :dog: will update the files again in a few minutes...

Thanks William,

"Sculpting glass" as you put it is coming into a work of art.

Have beta 104 installed and will get a couple screenshots soon. Example is with Dimension pro, the CMPD2 Grand Piano shows about 80 flac files, as well as the other pianos. The sfz files for the pianos are grouped at the end of the section though. Rapture shows the wav files. If this is intended, then can surely live with that especially since the sfz files are orderly and in one place making them easier to find. Will send the screenshots in case this is something that needs to be addressed. I wasn't sure if the flac and wav filter engaged meant to filter out all flac and wav's from view.

JohnK

Zip file attached. Two images, one of the on status of the filter and the other one a snapshot of the browser. Apologies again if everything is working correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi William, there is an SFZ format instrument I put in Extra folders. It's Ibanez Roadstar Bass by turtlesounds.net. I get " Couldn't load sample" message. I can't find a working link for it on the internet... shall I PM you with a dropbox link, it's only 55.8 MB.

Sure thanks

John, thanks for the images. But are you sure you have at least one sfz file in the same folder as the flac files? It only filters when they are in the same folder.

Thanks William,
Another one of your brilliant "hacks". That's why the sfz entries are so organized. Works excellent with some remedial education on my part.
JohnK

Beta 104 is there now, Windows only again. :cool: Fixed the SFZ problem reported. It was actually the SFZ code that added a new line at the end of the filename, so I added some code to always remove new-lines from filenames paths. :hihi: That should do the trick...

Beta 108 for Windows uploaded, just 64 bits versions updated with the Intel Compiler, for better performance. :cool:

WilliamK wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:34 pm Beta 104 is there now, Windows only again. :cool: Fixed the SFZ problem reported. It was actually the SFZ code that added a new line at the end of the filename, so I added some code to always remove new-lines from filenames paths. :hihi: That should do the trick...
That worked...excellent.

OK, I downloaded latest version (the one made with the Intel compiler), and since everything I have been using was bahaving OK, I decided to give a go to the VST host capabilities.

I decided ti just use the Wusik Engine DATA\Shared\VST PLugins 64, since I didn't want the scanner toi scan the many hundreds of plugins I have installed. So, I slected just a bunch of plug-ins I thought would be interesting to be used with synths (namely EVE; WStation, etc) and copied them to that folder. Here is what I observed:

1. Every time I open the scanner, I get the error message below. However, I can proceed with the scan (?)

2. Elevayta plug-ins (of which I have three) were rejected by the scanner, and blacklisted.
3. Magix essentialFX plug-ins were also rejected by the scanner, and blacklisted.
4. U-He plug-ins (Uhbik, MFM, Filterscape, Zebrify and Z-Rev), were validated, but they sound horribly distorted (Uhbik) or they simply block the sound (all the others). You can dowload demos and test yourself.
5. I was able to use older plug-ins, like Korg MDE-X (the multi-effects unit that came with Korg Synth Bundle), the AIR plugins suite, the Plug and Mix suite and the G VST plugins (these last ones are free, and could be used by anyone). These are great additions, especially the MDE-X, since a single instance combines two FX, and all of the included algorithms are very good (even if old).

I didn't give much attention to this since I don't consider EVE a "host", but I will try you host (P2000) to check what is the behavior in there. Anyway, I was able to load some interesting FX units, but Elevayta and U-He ones are some I regret not being able to use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr, just checking, to get the scanner files you need to install the new No Sounds exe (dec 7th) as well as the engine..yes?

Indeed, don't forget to install the WIN_Wusik_Engine_Data__NoSounds.exe files too.

BTW: one user told me that the Intel Compiler plugins version wasn't recognized at all by two hosts, while the regular version was ok. Anyone experienced this behaviour? For now I will not use the Intel Compiler, until I can confirm that it works correctly...

Intel Compiler OK here using REAPER x64 and EVE x64 VST 2 and VST3. (I haven't checked 32 bit EVE).

Return to “Instruments”