[Trance/Instrumental] Vibration And Seismic Technologies Inc (VSTi)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
] Peter:H [
KVRian
604 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:32 am

Our sensor equippment has been updated - we're now able to record seismic data for about 5 minutes.
We still see the patterns in seismic activities that indicate that something is going on in recent days.
People should prepare for a major erruption that may take place soon.

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/vibr ... s-inc-vsti

So before earth opens and swallows us all with a big surge of Lava - Give me your feedback!

---
This is my entry for OneSynthChallenge #115 featuring Seismic by Syntonica. It's been tracked in Bitwig 2.4 which is an awesome capable DAW! Check out the track and check out Bitwig!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=510651
syntonica.net/seismic

Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian

Re: [Trance/Instrumental] Vibration And Seismic Technologies Inc (VSTi)

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Track has been updated

ChamMusic
KVRian
893 posts since 12 Jun, 2006

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:48 am

Energetic atmosphere - effective and full of life.

For me, it just needs a leading line / big main melody...at least for some of the time?

KVRian

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:30 am

Thanks for your feedback ChamMusic :tu:

I wondering myself how I can add a melody. Currently I think about some "fairy dust" sound which adds subtle melody line which is only slightly over the perceptual threshold

ChamMusic
KVRian
893 posts since 12 Jun, 2006

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:42 am

Certainly something reasonably delicate and not too imposing is what I can hear.

seismic1
KVRAF
9044 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:16 pm

"seismic data"...I had to listen :wink:

Driving rhythm, gives this track a lot of energy, as does the great sound design. I could imagine a slow, dark string sound adding to the atmosphere on this.

Good work :)

KVRian

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:53 am

seismic1 wrote:"seismic data"...I had to listen :wink:

Driving rhythm, gives this track a lot of energy, as does the great sound design. I could imagine a slow, dark string sound adding to the atmosphere on this.

Good work :)
Thanks for your kind words, seismic1. Actually you should do a track with Seismic Synth and take part at the current OSC :D
About your feedback - Yes your right, a nice little pad would do wonders to some parts. But I'm struggeling a bit with Seismic (the Synth :hihi: ) here. Not getting any decent Pad that I would say does good to the track.
And there's parts that are already "full" and I will not add anything in order to avoid overwhelmning listeners completely...But damn, why I cannot get a good pad :bang:

wagtunes
KVRAF
13623 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:02 pm

My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 10
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 9

Comments: This one had me tapping my foot. Very cool groove with the bass. Acoustic sampled snare? Doesn't sound like a synth snare in places. Love the synth sounds on this one. Only wish is that there was more of a top line melody. Not very singable and a little repetitive after a while. The slight variations and the cool groove help a lot though. Would just prefer a little more variance. Not much. Just a touch.

KVRian

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:24 pm

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 10
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 9

Comments: This one had me tapping my foot. Very cool groove with the bass. Acoustic sampled snare? Doesn't sound like a synth snare in places. Love the synth sounds on this one. Only wish is that there was more of a top line melody. Not very singable and a little repetitive after a while. The slight variations and the cool groove help a lot though. Would just prefer a little more variance. Not much. Just a touch.
Wow, Steven. Cool to get such a nice feedback :tu:
Actually this is a OneSynthChallenge Track. Therefore no samples, it's all the Synth Seismic, lot's of Bitwig and little bit of me :D
Check out Seismic here: http://syntonica.net/seismic

Allomerus
KVRAF
2073 posts since 28 Aug, 2012 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:23 am

I like this.
Cool bass lines and I like the fairy dust!
Well done.
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”