Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
] Peter:H [
KVRian

571 posts since 22 Sep, 2016
Our sensor equippment has been updated - we're now able to record seismic data for about 5 minutes.
We still see the patterns in seismic activities that indicate that something is going on in recent days.
People should prepare for a major erruption that may take place soon.

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/vibr ... s-inc-vsti

So before earth opens and swallows us all with a big surge of Lava - Give me your feedback!

---
This is my entry for OneSynthChallenge #115 featuring Seismic by Syntonica. It's been tracked in Bitwig 2.4 which is an awesome capable DAW! Check out the track and check out Bitwig!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=510651
syntonica.net/seismic

Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVRian

Track has been updated
ChamMusic
KVRian

822 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK
Energetic atmosphere - effective and full of life.

For me, it just needs a leading line / big main melody...at least for some of the time?
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
KVRian

Thanks for your feedback ChamMusic :tu:

I wondering myself how I can add a melody. Currently I think about some "fairy dust" sound which adds subtle melody line which is only slightly over the perceptual threshold
ChamMusic
KVRian

822 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK
Certainly something reasonably delicate and not too imposing is what I can hear.
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
seismic1
KVRAF

8982 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK
"seismic data"...I had to listen :wink:

Driving rhythm, gives this track a lot of energy, as does the great sound design. I could imagine a slow, dark string sound adding to the atmosphere on this.

Good work :)
KVRian

seismic1 wrote:"seismic data"...I had to listen :wink:

Driving rhythm, gives this track a lot of energy, as does the great sound design. I could imagine a slow, dark string sound adding to the atmosphere on this.

Good work :)

Thanks for your kind words, seismic1. Actually you should do a track with Seismic Synth and take part at the current OSC :D
About your feedback - Yes your right, a nice little pad would do wonders to some parts. But I'm struggeling a bit with Seismic (the Synth :hihi: ) here. Not getting any decent Pad that I would say does good to the track.
And there's parts that are already "full" and I will not add anything in order to avoid overwhelmning listeners completely...But damn, why I cannot get a good pad :bang:
wagtunes
KVRAF

12919 posts since 8 Oct, 2014
My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 10
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 9

Comments: This one had me tapping my foot. Very cool groove with the bass. Acoustic sampled snare? Doesn't sound like a synth snare in places. Love the synth sounds on this one. Only wish is that there was more of a top line melody. Not very singable and a little repetitive after a while. The slight variations and the cool groove help a lot though. Would just prefer a little more variance. Not much. Just a touch.
KVRian

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 10
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 9

Comments: This one had me tapping my foot. Very cool groove with the bass. Acoustic sampled snare? Doesn't sound like a synth snare in places. Love the synth sounds on this one. Only wish is that there was more of a top line melody. Not very singable and a little repetitive after a while. The slight variations and the cool groove help a lot though. Would just prefer a little more variance. Not much. Just a touch.

Wow, Steven. Cool to get such a nice feedback :tu:
Actually this is a OneSynthChallenge Track. Therefore no samples, it's all the Synth Seismic, lot's of Bitwig and little bit of me :D
Check out Seismic here: http://syntonica.net/seismic
Allomerus
KVRAF

1998 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia
I like this.
Cool bass lines and I like the fairy dust!
Well done.
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe