The final of my variations on Mompou's Paisajes

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finishing with piano and stripped down to the simplest of fragments.
Same process as before and ... it is really three piano sounds NI Un Corda, Soniccouture EP73 and Production Voices Death Piano. Not sure how soundcloud will handle this but I will make a bandcamp version in the next few days unless I decide to revisit and redo. But that will have to wait as I have a lot of writing work that I have been neglecting. Publisher deadlines and all !
Last edited by woggle on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah ! Un connaisseur !
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:Ah ! Un connaisseur !

thanks stanlea - I'll take that compliment :)

All three variations are now available on Bandcamp

https://greghooper2.bandcamp.com/album/ ... us-paisaje

You've definitely succeeded in capturing the spirit / essence of that 3rd landscape, but in a more gentle soothing way than the original which I've always found to be the harshest of the 3...deliberately so, considering their subtitles.

Federico Mompou is one of those all too forgotten 20th Century composers...he was a brilliant miniaturist. I suppose his brief, low key support of Franco dampened his public persona to some extent and he simply faded away into relative obscurity.

ChamMusic wrote:You've definitely succeeded in capturing the spirit / essence of that 3rd landscape, but in a more gentle soothing way than the original which I've always found to be the harshest of the 3...deliberately so, considering their subtitles.

Federico Mompou is one of those all too forgotten 20th Century composers...he was a brilliant miniaturist. I suppose his brief, low key support of Franco dampened his public persona to some extent and he simply faded away into relative obscurity.
thanks Mark, interesting notes on Mompou too. Strangely enough with the harsh aspect of the original I was going to have fast chaotic slabs in the lower register come in about half way to contrast with the gentler material (which would continue) but did not pursue that idea in the end. Perhaps a future variation on my variation :)

Hi Greg,
Haven't heard any of Federico Mompou's compositions before. However, after listening to your variations I am intrigued. Enjoyable listen!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote:Hi Greg,
Haven't heard any of Federico Mompou's compositions before. However, after listening to your variations I am intrigued. Enjoyable listen!
Thanks John - so are you gearing up for the finals or dreading them (I am a bit of a footy tragic, but living in Brisbane tempers it somewhat)

Strangely, I am the opposite. I like football, and played it for a while with a local team in my 20s, but I have been losing interest lately...
I will probably watch some of the GF though on the TV.
Hope you enjoy it though...
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote:Strangely, I am the opposite. I like football, and played it for a while with a local team in my 20s, but I have been losing interest lately...
I will probably watch some of the GF though on the TV.
Hope you enjoy it though...
I lost interest in my 20s and 30s but started following again in the 90s, just before Brisbane had some success. Brisbane was a great place to go to a game back then and until recently as people were not at all one-eyed and would clap and cheer the opposing team if they did great things. That's what I am like - I have my teams (Brisbane and Gold Coast) and others I prefer etc etc, but I also just like a good game

I think the crowds can be as interesting as the game.... ;)
Bandcamp

I was next to some appalling homophobes at the last game - just shocking. They were pissed off when I had a go at them about it

woggle wrote:I was next to some appalling homophobes at the last game - just shocking. They were pissed off when I had a go at them about it
Brings out the worst in people. I once had a boss who yelled disgusting things about the umpires!

He barracks for Collingwood (Say no more....)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”