Shadows Without Substance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
experimental.crow
KVRAF
5548 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from The Druid Hills

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:15 pm

the fellow that does my hosting charges like $20.00 - $25.00 usd per year ...
you get your own sub-domain , and email , if you want ...

post your tracks in any format ...
not sure of storage capacity / bandwidth issues ; you may not be able to
host your entire catalog , but a few tracks at a time are no issue ...
you could speak w/ him , about those issues ...
Image

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
15780 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:02 pm

There is a new one where you can upload your non-lossy audio and share it. However they make you accumulate 'Karma points' to do more than two tracks there. Drooble, it's called. It's formatted much like Facebook, for discussion. I think contributing to discussion or knowledge gets you Karma points.

I just looked at it and I'm getting a relatively high number of plays there.

ChamMusic
KVRian
893 posts since 12 Jun, 2006

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:22 pm

layzer wrote:NICE!

really loved the dynamics and tone....
ya know, people post piano music on here
but rarely get that pleasing tone you captured here...
bravo :clap:
Thank you!

The tone of this is actually becoming slightly controversial...some love it...some are not so keen.

The truth is that I have never really got 100% to grips with solo piano recordings via VSTs...bloody tricky to get right in my opinion!

Personally I like the vibrancy of this one, although I do think it's still maybe a bit muddy in the low mids?
Last edited by ChamMusic on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChamMusic
KVRian
893 posts since 12 Jun, 2006

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:24 pm

jancivil wrote:There is a new one where you can upload your non-lossy audio and share it. However they make you accumulate 'Karma points' to do more than two tracks there. Drooble, it's called. It's formatted much like Facebook, for discussion. I think contributing to discussion or knowledge gets you Karma points.

I just looked at it and I'm getting a relatively high number of plays there.
Thanks...I shall check it out tomorrow.

User avatar
thomekk
KVRAF
2444 posts since 3 May, 2003 from Germany

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Cool little dark ditty - thanks for sharing (and nothing to whinge about) :tu:
"New Album" YouTube
music has become meaningless...

fastlanephil
KVRian
616 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Very nice! I enjoyed listening to this piece. You took quite a few chances and still were able to maintain solid musicality, to my ear.

ChamMusic
KVRian
893 posts since 12 Jun, 2006

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 am

experimental.crow wrote:the fellow that does my hosting charges like $20.00 - $25.00 usd per year ...
you get your own sub-domain , and email , if you want ...

post your tracks in any format ...
not sure of storage capacity / bandwidth issues ; you may not be able to
host your entire catalog , but a few tracks at a time are no issue ...
you could speak w/ him , about those issues ...
Thanks...feel free to send me a DM with his details.

ChamMusic
KVRian
893 posts since 12 Jun, 2006

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 am

jancivil wrote:There is a new one where you can upload your non-lossy audio and share it. However they make you accumulate 'Karma points' to do more than two tracks there. Drooble, it's called. It's formatted much like Facebook, for discussion. I think contributing to discussion or knowledge gets you Karma points.

I just looked at it and I'm getting a relatively high number of plays there.
Had a look..interesting idea!

ChamMusic
KVRian
893 posts since 12 Jun, 2006

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:38 am

thomekk wrote:Cool little dark ditty - thanks for sharing (and nothing to whinge about) :tu:
Thank you!

ChamMusic
KVRian
893 posts since 12 Jun, 2006

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:40 am

fastlanephil wrote:Very nice! I enjoyed listening to this piece. You took quite a few chances and still were able to maintain solid musicality, to my ear.
Thank you, much appreciated.

I was flying by the seat of my pants on this one...the journey couldn't have been maintained much longer without turbulence and maybe an emergency landing! :0)

User avatar
freecham
KVRist
31 posts since 2 Jan, 2016 from France

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:08 am

I like the emotions of this music : both "ghostly" and dream-like ! Well done and good playing !

ChamMusic
KVRian
893 posts since 12 Jun, 2006

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:05 am

freecham wrote:I like the emotions of this music : both "ghostly" and dream-like ! Well done and good playing !
Thank you..more than happy with 'ghostly and dreamlike'! :0)

sjm
KVRAF
1729 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:52 pm

This is crying out to be in a film or have a short video to go with it. It's very evocative and should lend itself to storytelling.
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
15780 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:02 pm

It works as absolute music for me.

rp314
KVRAF
2144 posts since 25 Mar, 2006 from The city by the bay

Re: Shadows Without Substance

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:20 pm

Very enjoyable. This kind of piano piece takes me back to my younger days when I was listening to a good deal of the early ECM records and the classical works of Scriabin and Debussy.

:clap:

Return to “Music Cafe”