Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Urs
u-he

22357 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:21 am Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

surreal wrote:Hi Urs

surreal wrote:Cool Urs will check this out.

Hope there is that nice Tx bass, Sweep and Choir in there!

Can the individual 16 frames with single cycles be exported from existing or custom Zebra Osc without the interpolation. I.e. can we have a wavetable in Hive that is identical to an Oscilator in Zebra without effects?

Sure. The video shows how I exported 2 frames as .wav. You can do the same with all 16 frames.

Hive offers different interpolation methods, and "crossfade" would sound identical to Zebra (Addendum: Actually, identical only for the blend modes.. thx Howie).
surreal
KVRian

918 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Postby surreal; Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:42 am Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Thanks Urs
rsmus7
KVRAF

4168 posts since 2 Feb, 2003, from lost in music

Postby rsmus7; Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:15 am Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

I made a 4 frames WT in Zebra and loaded in Hive

no FX no filter,

just some lfo modulation in the WT OSC:

Zebra WT organ in Hive
Howard
KVRAF

3597 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Bad Vilbel, Germany

Postby Howard; Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:16 am Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

surreal wrote:Can the individual 16 frames with single cycles be exported from existing or custom Zebra Osc without the interpolation. I.e. can we have a wavetable in Hive that is identical to an Oscilator in Zebra without effects?

In Zebra, set "Max" to 16 and Wave to 1. Start recording. Play a note, select Wave 2, play the note, select Wave 3 etc.. Export after you have played Wave 16.

I exported "Allsorts" and loaded it into Hive just now. It looks the same, but as WAVs can't "GeoMorph" between different pulse widths (for instance), the table doesn't scan the same. Should work fine for "~Blend" mode oscillators, though - try it!
Delta Sign
KVRist

284 posts since 22 Jun, 2018

Postby Delta Sign; Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:20 am Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

surreal wrote:
Delta Sign wrote:
digitalboytn wrote:
Delta Sign wrote:
I can't wait to try to make my own wavetbales!

I can't wait to hear them :wink:

Will they be a cross between timbales and hay bales ?

:hihi:

I finally had the time to check this out further. I really like the "2D Wavetable" feature. I quickly made 2 synth choir-ish 2*4 frames wavetables which are somewhat related on the X and Y axis and made this patch with them:
https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/hive-wavetable-test-02

It's possible to get quite a bit of movement going with the auto sweep feature and modulation of the sub table (Or Y axis, as I like to call it).

How did you make the choirsounds? :tu:

I made the wavetables for Zebra years ago, I don't actually remember how I made them exactly. I think I just sampled my own voice and messed around with the samples until it sounded right.
For the Hive wavetable I just "sampled" the first and last frame of the Zebra wavetable completely "dry" and then 3 more times with different oscfx settings.
Setting the sub table count to 4 in Hive then allows me to use the wavetable position to sweep through the table, while the sub table position brings in the oscfx. Modulating both at different rates creates a lot of movement already.
It's a lot of fun to mess with this stuff :tu:

Another thing I just made:
https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/hive-wavetable-test-03

This time I tried using a more rhythmic wavetable. I basically just made a 16 frame wavetable with sines with different pitches of some of the frames and silence on others. This in combination with the switch interpolation in Hive can add some nice bubbly sounds to pads, exactly how I like it :hihi:
surreal
KVRian

Postby surreal; Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:25 am Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Thank you so much for the replies and the pointers Urs, Howard and Delta Sign, I am very excited for this feature and camt wait to try this when I am done with my DJing gigs this weekend
Delta Sign
KVRist

Postby Delta Sign; Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:48 pm Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Man, this is getting out of hand, I planned to go out this weekend :hihi:

This time I used an old recording of a seashore I made and something I made in Zebra for the wavetables. I knew that seashore recording would be useful one day :hihi:
It certainly sounds quite cool glitched up like that by Hive :hihi:
https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/hive-wavetable-test-04

I hope it's OK to post all these using the demo version btw.
equinoxide
KVRist

119 posts since 17 Jul, 2015

Postby equinoxide; Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:14 pm Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Delta Sign wrote:Man, this is getting out of hand, I planned to go out this weekend :hihi:

This time I used an old recording of a seashore I made and something I made in Zebra for the wavetables. I knew that seashore recording would be useful one day :hihi:
It certainly sounds quite cool glitched up like that by Hive :hihi:
https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/hive-wavetable-test-04

I hope it's OK to post all these using the demo version btw.

:o :love: :love:

That sounds badass!!
aaron aardvark
KVRian

1446 posts since 22 Jan, 2011, from near Los Angeles

Postby aaron aardvark; Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:24 pm Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

EDragon & Urs,
Thank you for answering my question!
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6928 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:11 pm Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Wow I thought the day would never come for This stuff.

Probably a bit much to speculate, but will Bazille get any WT modules? I have a feeling the answer will be no considering the amount of coding that would be required.

Anyhow thanks for adding this to Hive and Zebra :D
Developers please focus only on 64bit development. Let 32-bit finally die and become a thing of the past.
spunkmuffin
KVRian

666 posts since 5 Sep, 2014

Postby spunkmuffin; Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 pm Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Delta Sign both those clips sound :o bonkers good. This thing blends and morphs sounds like next to nothing else. :hail:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:
Delta Sign
KVRist

Postby Delta Sign; Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:38 pm Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Yeah, it really sounds great and is quite fun to use. The two part layout of Hive also works really well with wavetables, in my opinion. The flexible modulation system doesn't hurt either, of course :)

By the way, a sneaky little trick for "sampling" the oscs in Zebra: Use mod mappers in increment mode. Lazy mode activated :hihi:
surreal
KVRian

Postby surreal; Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:20 am Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Delta Sign wrote:Yeah, it really sounds great and is quite fun to use. The two part layout of Hive also works really well with wavetables, in my opinion. The flexible modulation system doesn't hurt either, of course :)

By the way, a sneaky little trick for "sampling" the oscs in Zebra: Use mod mappers in increment mode. Lazy mode activated :hihi:

How does one do this... I dont know to much about zebra and modmappers
kiezum
KVRist

452 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Postby kiezum; Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:02 am Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Wow, Hive with wavetables! The scripting is an unexpected and interesting addition.
Igro
KVRAF

4010 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:08 pm Re: Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

But would two LFOs in HIVE be enough now, that's the question... I would easily use two LFOs for the Wavetables only, but nothing will be left for the rest.
PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he