FL Studio 20 - How to trigger a sampler channel/track from a midi track input?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
zachhopkins
KVRer
5 posts since 20 Feb, 2018

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:04 pm

I have been trying to figure out how to have this midi that I have on a certain track to trigger another track which contains a kick sample. I am in the midst of switching to FL from Cubase, and normally I could just route the input of any selected track to another midi auxiliary track with a simple drop down menu on the side.
I've tried selecting both tracks in the mixer, and clicking both 'route selected channel to this channel' and 'route selected track to this track'. I also tried right clicking the sampler channel in the channel rack and going to 'midi controllers'. I selected the input to my midi but it still won't play anything.

Surely there must be a simple way to trigger a sampler channel in the channel rack from a separate midi track or channel? This seems to be overly complicated for something that you would think a lot of people would be doing? Please help :pray: :cry: :?

Image-Line
KVRian
924 posts since 2 Dec, 2010 from Belgium, EU.

Re: FL Studio 20 - How to trigger a sampler channel/track from a midi track input?

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:21 pm

Use a Layer Channel.

The best place for accurate help with how-to questions is here.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”