Aria Player to multiple tracks in Tracktion 7?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

New to this forum, so apologies if this is a repeat question. I did search the forum, but was unable to find an answer to this question:

How can you set up the Garritan Aria Player as one instance in, say, track 1, to output to multiple tracks? The Aria Player has 16 tracks where you can load different instruments. I would like to do this and have Tracktion output the instrument in bank 1 in Aria Player to track 1, the instrument in bank 2 to track 2, etc.

I have found a video on creating a rack in Tracktion, but it only talks about audio, not midi. (I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to the more complex features in DAW's, so I apologize again.)

Can anyone help, or point me in the direction of some videos or other resources? Thank you!

I think the easiest thing to do is put the Aria player into a rack. Add it to a track, then right-click on it and click Wrap this plugin in a new rack plugin. That will show you a diagram of all the ins and outs. It'll show you outputs set to Track 1 and there's a + sign lower down that you can click to add more output tracks.

This video is about racks and will, I hope, be useful to you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyZ9mw8AQhw
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Thank you Jabe, for you quick reply! This is the video I have already watched a few times. I will try to figure it out again, based on this video (with your suggestion about "wrapping" the plugin). But I haven't been able to so far.

If anyone else can chime in, that would be appreciated. I'll post again if I figure it out! Thanks!

One thing I HAVE discovered is that there is no plugin option for the Aria Player Multi (16 channel) plugin in Tracktion 7. Only the Aria Player. Both players are available in Ableton Live. I've been trying to figure out how to access the Multi Aria Player in Tracktion, with no success.

Any thoughts?

I get both in T7. In fact, oddly, I get two of each and not sure why. Unless they're installed in two places.

I'd expect both to be in the same folder, but you might want to check that both are in whichever folder it is. Perhaps you might rescan the folders.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Jabe,

Thank you again! I actually DID do a few scans yesterday, thinking that might find the Aria Player multi. But no success. I couldn't find the plugins in the Finder, no matter where I looked, or how many times I did a search. (Does anyone know where these plugins reside on the computer?)

However, after seeing your message this morning, I did yet another scan in Tracktion, and the multi player finally showed up! Who knows why it didn't show up yesterday?

Now I can play with the "rack" and see if I can figure this out. I read, however, that having a separate instance of the Aria Player on each track, each playing a different instrument, doesn't really use up that much more resources. Plus it's easier to set up. I like to learn new things, though.

Thanks for your help!

I figured it out!!! I will post my discoveries, as to how to make this work, later when I have more time. Just in case others are curious how to set up Aria Multi Player with one instance...

Jabe, thanks for all your help!

Excellent! Now I shall know who to ask when I get into difficulties!

:wink:

This is a helpful video showing how to setup multi outs in Waveform 9. There is a reference to new rack features in Waveform for clearing wiring, and connecting new wiring with one click, but most of the concepts should apply to T7.

Waveform 9 New Features - Multi Output Workflow
https://youtu.be/qwZd_XlQ-Dk
Windows 10 and too many plugins

This video is awesome! Thank you zzz00m!!!

Sorry I haven't been working with Tracktion for the last few weeks, so I haven't posted my findings. But this video explains everything I discovered when getting the multi track Aria player to work!

I don't think Tracktion has the "Clear Wiring" nor the "Connect Wiring Separately" that this video demonstrates (using Waveform). But you'll just have to Clear and Connect the wiring manually in Tracktion.

The other problem I ran into (which I eventually solved) was the "output" channel from Aria Player. There is a MIDI channel selector on the bottom right of each "slot" in the Aria Player. Each of these must be set to "01" "02" "03" etc. to correspond to each of the MIDI tracks that are set up in Tracktion 7.

Thank you again everyone, for all your help!

Return to “Tracktion”